Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2021, 03:00 PM

6,129 posts, read 5,098,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Ugh that stinks...no pun intended.

I'm hoping mine come back soon, this is frustrating. At the same time I might be able to fit into my skinny jeans again.
I'll give you props for your positive attitude!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2021, 03:00 PM

779 posts, read 877,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
You could get those senses back tomorrow. Or they could be gone for the next 6 months or 2 years.

That's why I have a problem with the mosquito bite comments. We just don't know what's going to happen once you get that covid poison in your system.
Well...some of us do know what's going to happen to us based on our personal experience. But that offends you, so I won't harp on it.

msRB311, do you have any of the BinaxNOW tests? We've stocked up on them so we can test when the kids have a runny nose. They're super easy and quick if you're experiencing any symptoms.

Old 12-18-2021, 03:21 PM

23,562 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
Well...some of us do know what's going to happen to us based on our personal experience.

Except that you really don't. You could have had a mild case last winter, and catch it again and be hospitalized (or vice versa). I'm starting to hear more examples of this, as time moves on. Not saying that's going to happen to you or anything, but especially with the variants changing there is absolutely no guarantee that it's going to be "same as last time".

Old 12-18-2021, 03:34 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
^ Exactly.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:24 PM

12,430 posts, read 9,529,208 times
I don't know if anyone would listen to me - from my perspective, while I don't always agree 100% with msRB311 and NewfieMama, they still have fairly moderate positions... sometimes you guys are just going back and forth poking at one another - even watching mostly from the sidelines, it seems an unnecessary and unhappy exercise. Maybe you don't need to say *everything* you are thinking. Perhaps you can look for some points of agreement too? They are just people, trying to make it through this crazy mess like everyone else. And they're not ranting conspiracies all the time like others I won't name.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:28 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I don't know if anyone would listen to me - from my perspective, while I don't always agree 100% with msRB311 and NewfieMama, they still have fairly moderate positions... sometimes you guys are just going back and forth poking at one another - even watching mostly from the sidelines, it seems an unnecessary and unhappy exercise. Maybe you don't need to say *everything* you are thinking. Perhaps you can look for some points of agreement too? They are just people, trying to make it through this crazy mess like everyone else. And they're not ranting conspiracies all the time like others I won't name.

I agree.

Old 12-18-2021, 05:21 PM

12,430 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
I agree.
That's the spirit. It's a week early, but, Merry Christmas to you and to all on the forum.

Attached Thumbnails
Coronavirus in Massachusetts-covered-bridge.jpg  

Old 12-18-2021, 05:45 PM

6,129 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Amen, brother...and the 2 sisters!

Old 12-18-2021, 07:53 PM

779 posts, read 877,194 times
Quote:
I agree.
I agree, too! My point in posting is never to pick a fight. In fact, I don't even post often because I feel like I don't belong on either side of the spectrum that tends to live on this board.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:05 PM

16,401 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Happy holidays to all!

I’m a little mad at the vaccine I guess for not helping me out more lol. I am really feeling ok other than not being able to taste. It’s feels cruel. There are foods I want to taste and I enjoy but I can’t! I have lost my sense of taste with colds but nothing like this.

I will have to get some at home tests. And perhaps I’d have been a lot worse off if it weren’t for getting jabbed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts