Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2021, 08:09 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Happy holidays to all!

I’m a little mad at the vaccine I guess for not helping me out more lol. I am really feeling ok other than not being able to taste. It’s feels cruel. There are foods I want to taste and I enjoy but I can’t! I have lost my sense of taste with colds but nothing like this.

I will have to get some at home tests. And perhaps I’d have been a lot worse off if it weren’t for getting jabbed.

Yeah I agree. As fortunate as it would be to not experience more "serious" symptoms, I would absolutely HATE that. I mean I love food. Hopefully it stays mild and you'll regain it soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2021, 08:28 PM

16,308 posts, read 8,126,207 times
My dh said his came back after about 3 days. This is day 4 of no tasting for me. I said I guess I’m going to have to find other things to do if I can’t taste food anytime soon and we both got a laugh out of that. Apparently eating has been pretty important to me.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:09 PM

943 posts, read 409,349 times
MUST READ. Health care is collapsing right now in RI (and elsewhere). People dying 50 feet from doctors waiting to be seen. https://twitter.com/meganranney/stat...40037414563840
or https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/12/...kmTDyNCk1gxrNQ

Old 12-20-2021, 01:31 AM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times
I think we need to start considering the timing of these boosters. I mean, if it's been 7 or 8 months since your 2nd shot, is the 3rd shot actually a booster? Or is it like you're starting all over with a 1st shot?

Old 12-20-2021, 08:09 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Well, this is big and will affect most if not all of us on this forum who patronize establishments in the city of Boston!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/12/...-city-workers/

Old 12-20-2021, 08:23 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I don't know if anyone would listen to me - from my perspective, while I don't always agree 100% with msRB311 and NewfieMama, they still have fairly moderate positions... sometimes you guys are just going back and forth poking at one another - even watching mostly from the sidelines, it seems an unnecessary and unhappy exercise. Maybe you don't need to say *everything* you are thinking. Perhaps you can look for some points of agreement too? They are just people, trying to make it through this crazy mess like everyone else. And they're not ranting conspiracies all the time like others I won't name.
Agreed. I'm mostly lurking now because it seems that this discussion sometimes falls into a hysterical shouting match rather than an intelligent discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I think we need to start considering the timing of these boosters. I mean, if it's been 7 or 8 months since your 2nd shot, is the 3rd shot actually a booster? Or is it like you're starting all over with a 1st shot?
Probably not, but you might not need that 2nd shot to get the same response that you would with the initial 2-shot series. Couldn't tell you if that's an accurate statement, as i'm not a virologist.

I think the covid shot will develop into something like the annual flu shot. The main difference however is that Flu here has a defined season while the Covid season is just starting to be defined. Right now, the timing is every 6 mos, but maybe that will change in the future if Covid becomes a fall/winter virus. WHy tell people to rush out and get a booster in July if the effects are wearing off by the time "covid season" starts up? If covid becomes endemic, it will likely be urged for those who are deemed more high-risk, than for everyone.

I guess the main question is, when July rolls around and cases (hopefully) drop to 100/day or less, should you get your booster, or wait until Nov/Dec right when "covid season" hits again. I can tell you i won't be rushing out to get mine next summer. I'd probably feel more inclined to wait until fall/winter.

Last edited by BostonMike7; 12-20-2021 at 08:44 AM..

Old 12-20-2021, 08:24 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Well, this is big and will affect most if not all of us on this forum who patronize establishments in the city of Boston!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/12/...-city-workers/
Many people who've had the vaccine are getting covid so I'm not sure I see the point of this.

Old 12-20-2021, 08:59 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Many people who've had the vaccine are getting covid so I'm not sure I see the point of this.
My guess is they will redefine "fully vaccinated" as more than the 2 shots. Plus keep in mind, the 2 shot regimen still protects against Delta.

Old 12-20-2021, 09:09 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
Quote:
As has been said many times before, the vaccines protect against severe illness/hospitalization/death, not infection.

Old 12-20-2021, 09:34 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
As has been said many times before, the vaccines protect against severe illness/hospitalization/death, not infection.
Ok sure. Whatever makes people feel comfortable. So someone can get into a certain establishment if they got jabbed. Someone who didn't can't go there. And as I've mentioned many many times before there are many places people CAN go without being vaccinated including getting on a plane and going to any state. But thank goodness joe's bar or planet cardio is requiring a covid card to get in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts