Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2021, 01:11 PM

4,629 posts, read 4,914,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
And that's how being able to measure physical fulfillment of the job was done. Through testing. So... testing is ok and perfectly legal. Certainly an organization is not going to create a criteria and then leave it up to opinion whether an individual can do the job ("Oh yeah, Ralph can do the job, no problemo!"). They're going to create objective criteria for evaluation, such as a test or other objective information that would be reviewed for legality. Vaccines have absolutely been one of those evaluation devices in the past and currently. Perfectly legal.
You continue to misstate the hypothetical I made, and I believe this is intentional on your part, so this conversation is over, and also, I'm putting you on ignore.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-21-2021 at 03:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2021, 01:16 PM

41,940 posts, read 36,711,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
You continue to misstate the hypothetical I made, and I believe this is intentional on your part, so this conversation is over, and also, I'm putting you on ignore.
Because your "hypothetical" was so twisted and contradictory that wasn't legitimate. Oh yeah, health and safety, and biomarkers, but they could do the job, but but.... it's illegal.

Yawn. You said metabolically unhealthy. You didn't say how that was measured. That absolutely could be legally measured as a requirement for the job. You just were like, nope, illegal.

If you want to have a reasonable discussion, have a reasonable analogy. You weren't remotely close. If you put other people at risk as a firefighter (again, such as entering a structure without proper PPE), you absolutely can be disciplined or terminated for that. There is precedent. Just like there is precedent for vaccine and other health requirements.

Old 12-21-2021, 02:12 PM

15,683 posts, read 20,181,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Hospitals make money, so do drug makers, medical device makers, doctors, diagnostic companies, etc - I guess they're all just in on the fraud. Why don't all these conspiracy people boycott medicine and healthcare altogether? You can always patronize e.g. "alternative medicine" practitioners and e.g. herbal remedies, but guess what - they make money too, and they have literally no requirement to demonstrate either safety or efficacy.

Exactly. Everyone is trying to make money. Unfortunately we haven't progressed far enough as a society to the point where people are willing to put in long hours, and great effort for nothing more than an attaboy.

The world economy revolves around making a buck. That includes the pharmaceutical industry and the all those fringe websites who love to try and sell you pills and MRE's and other doomsday supplies to you while feeding you doom-and-gloom.

I did Covid-related research, and yes, i was paid for it. Doesn't mean my results were tampered with because of who was funding me/us. Nobody in suits came into the office one day and told me "BostonMike, this is great work, but we need you to edit this part out, and say this". It doesn't work like that...no matter how much my wife's cousin thinks I was paid off and "am part of the big agenda"

Old 12-21-2021, 04:21 PM

3,871 posts, read 2,068,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
What? This is a total misinterpretation of the clinical trial results. The risk of side effects from the vaccine is far far lower than the risk of "side effects" from getting the virus itself.
I am not discussing the side effects of vaccines at all in my post.

I am commenting why some people do not take vaccines.
I am discussing “relative risk reduction” of vaccines vs “an absolute risk reduction” in using the vaccines- which you can find in Pfizer and Moderna published trials.
RRR benefits manufacturers marketing while ARR - is not that impressive.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33652582/

This is a simple, though lengthy explanation of a real risk reduction vs absolute risk reduction

https://www.wired.com/story/the-stat...d-19-vaccines/

To repeat: an absolute real risk reduction of vaccines in order to not get COVID is less or around 1% with the original virus.

Not sure if anyone tracking any changes with the higher transmission variants, logically the ARR should be increasing…?

Last edited by L00k4ward; 12-21-2021 at 05:04 PM..

Old 12-21-2021, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
To change the topic slightly, anybody know where one might get a Covid test this week? Don't have a Primary Care in the area and Walgreens/CVS are all grayed out.
Did you try depart of health?

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/find-a-covid-19-test

You can buy some instant ones: Walmart has it - it is better used if symptomatic

Last edited by L00k4ward; 12-21-2021 at 05:01 PM..

Old 12-21-2021, 04:48 PM

5,975 posts, read 4,957,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Did you try depart of health?

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/find-a-covid-19-test

You can buy some instant ones: Walmart had it
For rapid tests--I had to get creative. Walgreens has them in stock for store pickup, but only at certain locations. Eventually ordered 3 kits and picked them up at the Malden location this afternoon. Check their website frequently and be patient, I had my orders canceled 4 times due to "out of stock" before lucking out.

Old 12-21-2021, 05:08 PM

17,117 posts, read 8,771,106 times
It won't do you any good now, but the federal gov't is buying half a billion at-home COVID test kits and they're going to start mailing them to anyone who wants them in January.

Old 12-21-2021, 05:14 PM

CDC’s data
Omicron cases in region I ( MA, RI, Ct..) is 37.7%
Delta is still at 62% here

NY/NJ/PR - more than 90% - Omicron

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...nt-proportions

As of Dec 19 booster rates is 33.5% in MA
44.5% in VT
9.8% in NH
NY - 28%
Fl - 28%

Old 12-21-2021, 07:06 PM

12,589 posts, read 21,733,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
For rapid tests--I had to get creative. Walgreens has them in stock for store pickup, but only at certain locations. Eventually ordered 3 kits and picked them up at the Malden location this afternoon. Check their website frequently and be patient, I had my orders canceled 4 times due to "out of stock" before lucking out.
If anyone is in Boston, you can get them for free at several community centers and libraries. We were able to grab a set (each has 2 tests) for each of us yesterday.

Massnative - BIDMC’s chelsea location has a free drive through testing site that doesn’t require and appointment. Opens at 8am, but cars line up earlier. It was busy this AM.

Old 12-21-2021, 07:35 PM

11,904 posts, read 8,990,771 times
The Israeli government is now recommending a 4th round of vaccination to better ward of Omicron. Oddly enough, I haven't read of any hysteria there over vaccines. People just seem to stay calm, stay rational and do what will mitigate a bad situation. Imagine that.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/health...t-risk-groups/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts