Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2022, 12:19 PM

12,837 posts, read 22,014,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebruiser500 View Post
Yeah you don’t understand. Not surprising. I’m not fighting for anything. I just don’t want to wear a mask. This inanity has been going on for two years. It doesn’t do anything. And only psychopaths try to force other people to wear masks. It’s a humiliation ritual for the serfs
Wrong. Masks are effective at reducing the spread of the virus. This has been studied and proven again and again. I don't like wearing a mask either. Grocery store employees certainly don't like enforcing these requirements and dealing with adults who throw temper tantrums over wearing a piece of fabric for a short time while they shop. But the bold sentence above is crazy person talk, along with your Nazi comparisons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2022, 12:22 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,174,665 times
At this rate we'll be wearing masks forever though because is this virus ever going away? It doesnt seem to be.

I dont have strong feelings about masks one way or the other but some people hate them. I can see the anxiety of, ok when can myself and my kids stop wearing these masks? I suspect we are going to have surges of this similar to the flu forever? So everytime there's a surge masks will be enforced? Perhaps that will be the new norm...forever.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:46 PM

12,837 posts, read 22,014,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
At this rate we'll be wearing masks forever though because is this virus ever going away? It doesnt seem to be.

I dont have strong feelings about masks one way or the other but some people hate them. I can see the anxiety of, ok when can myself and my kids stop wearing these masks? I suspect we are going to have surges of this similar to the flu forever? So everytime there's a surge masks will be enforced? Perhaps that will be the new norm...forever.
I don't think (at least I hope) we won't be wearing them forever. MA rolled back most mask requirements in May. The Gov. has said there's no plan to bring back a statewide mandate. Until the latest spike they were only being required for certain things (i.e. air travel, public transit), and even now mandates are much more localized. I also don't see an appetite for enforcing them long term. People are somewhat tolerant now in the midst of a surge (I've neve noticed more masks in places they're not required), but I doubt the tolerance will last once the spike subsides and hospitalizations/deaths decline.

This whole thing has been unpredictable, but hopefully we won't see surges like this one again. Omicron is one of the fastest spreading diseases in history. I won't say it couldn't get worse, but I'd like to hope that this surge is going to be the biggest. Hopefully by next winter we won't be seeing spikes like this and masks won't be required for most things. ​It's hard to see them sticking around forever, though it's not fun to have put them on again.

Old 01-10-2022, 01:15 PM

15,794 posts, read 20,493,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post

I don't care about masks either way. I've worn them for years as PPE along with safety glasses. I've gone full days wearing N95 respirators while doing drywall, or painting a car, or squirming around in an attic fishing wires so it doesn't bother me in the sense to wear one for hours on end. Donning a blue surgical mask for 5 mins to run into a store? Meh.

Honestly, for most of the anti-maskers i meet (relatives mostly), it's not the mask that's the issue. It's who is telling them to wear the mask. While the lines on Vaccines tend to be a little blurry, the debate on masks seems to be strictly a left vs right thing. Control vs "Freedom"

Old 01-10-2022, 01:25 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,174,665 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I don't care about masks either way. I've worn them for years as PPE along with safety glasses. I've gone full days wearing N95 respirators while doing drywall, or painting a car, or squirming around in an attic fishing wires so it doesn't bother me in the sense to wear one for hours on end. Donning a blue surgical mask for 5 mins to run into a store? Meh.

Honestly, for most of the anti-maskers i meet (relatives mostly), it's not the mask that's the issue. It's who is telling them to wear the mask. While the lines on Vaccines tend to be a little blurry, the debate on masks seems to be strictly a left vs right thing. Control vs "Freedom"
I think that works both ways as far as the politics/mask stuff goes...I see some people wearing those masks a little too proudly, still posting social media pics of themselves and kids in a mask like they're happy to still be wearing a mask. ok, we get it.

I'm fine with wearing a mask into a store for a few min. But what about if I go to an indoor sporting event or concert? guess I need to leave it on for a few hours? Or get on a plane?

I think there's a lot of inconsistencies with masking that has people irritated too. The only people who truly seem to have NO issue with wearing a mask now are pretty liberal. I'm more in the middle. Certainly not on the far right or left....I dont want to get sick, I've been triple vaxxed and I'd be lying if i said I'm not tired of this.

Old 01-10-2022, 01:27 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,095,154 times
Just got my official MA-issued vaccine passport, and saved it to both my Apple Health and Wallet! Ready to rock & roll!

https://myvaxrecords.mass.gov/

Old 01-10-2022, 03:07 PM

266 posts, read 235,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Doubt it. Why would they? They have shot requirements, including flu shots, and have for years.

The places that lost people largely lost very low level / low paid / low education people. That's where the issue is. It's not with highly skilled / educated professionals.

I feel like having to wear shoes is an infringement on my liberty. It's communism damn it.
You doubt it, as in, you don’t actually know? So you are making arguments based on an assumption based on nothing other than it’s convenient for you. Ok cool thanks

Old 01-10-2022, 03:08 PM

Maybe the most forthright and honest statement of elitism we’ve seen on here

“The places that lost people largely lost very low level / low paid / low education people. That's where the issue is. It's not with highly skilled / educated professionals. “

Old 01-10-2022, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Wrong. Masks are effective at reducing the spread of the virus. This has been studied and proven again and again. I don't like wearing a mask either. Grocery store employees certainly don't like enforcing these requirements and dealing with adults who throw temper tantrums over wearing a piece of fabric for a short time while they shop. But the bold sentence above is crazy person talk, along with your Nazi comparisons.
Except I get my opinions from reading history books. Have read multiple books on Nazis and Hitler, am reading another now, and have read dozens of books on Communism, Stalin, etc. I don’t get my opinions from Cnn like some people here

Yes, the segregation of society into groups including one unclean group of virus carriers is very Nazi like

And no this Nazi stuff doesn’t work (at least insofar as stopping a virus goes). If it did, there wouldn’t be a problem today. People have had time to get theie covid shot. It isn’t stopping anything. Extra craxy places like Australia and NZ who pursued covid zero and love masks are getting lots of covid now.

You can’t stop a virus by acting like Nazis. Can only build an underclass of people to direct media organs hate and vitriol against

Old 01-10-2022, 03:14 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
You doubt it, as in, you don’t actually know? So you are making arguments based on an assumption based on nothing other than it’s convenient for you. Ok cool thanks
Of course I don't know. I'm not head of HR for the hospital. Neither would you know.

I actually addressed what I did actually know.

YOU were trying to blame it for something else for a bizarre political stance.

Quote:
Maybe the most forthright and honest statement of elitism we’ve seen on here

“The places that lost people largely lost very low level / low paid / low education people. That's where the issue is. It's not with highly skilled / educated professionals. “
The places that have been hard hit with this issue have been places with large numbers of CNAs and other low education/low paying professions. That's not elitism, its reality. We have great data on those who haven't been vaccinated, and it overwhelmingly ties to education level. That's reality. Not elitism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts