Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2022, 04:08 PM

943 posts, read 409,951 times

Advertisements

Wastewater levels again at Delta levels in MA. This is not just a bump. It's a full blown wave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2022, 04:18 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,095,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
Wastewater levels again at Delta levels in MA. This is not just a bump. It's a full blown wave.
Say it ain't so! Source?

Old 04-12-2022, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Say it ain't so! Source?
Never mind...found it.

"The levels of coronavirus in Eastern Massachusetts waste water continued to climb through the weekend, suggesting more COVID-19 case increases may be ahead.

The levels fell precipitously from heights reached early this year as the Omicron wave peaked. Then they bottomed out around the beginning of March. They have been rising gradually since, although they are still just a fraction of their peak, according to data from the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/04/...-eastern-mass/

Old 04-12-2022, 07:32 PM

266 posts, read 235,962 times
Really excited for people in this Communist state to try another tyrannical mask mandate. Will be great to see this state totally burn itself to the ground.

Old 04-13-2022, 07:09 AM

15,794 posts, read 20,493,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebruiser500 View Post
Really excited for people in this Communist state to try another tyrannical mask mandate. Will be great to see this state totally burn itself to the ground.
Nothing like that will happen. People will complain and B&moan and get over it (other than some holdouts) and then later on everyone will forget anything ever happened...like usual. People have the attention span of a goldfish.

Old 04-13-2022, 08:03 AM

12,836 posts, read 22,014,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Nothing like that will happen. People will complain and B&moan and get over it (other than some holdouts) and then later on everyone will forget anything ever happened...like usual. People have the attention span of a goldfish.
Yep. The places where masks might be reinstated are generally going to be the places that are more tolerant of them (Boston, Somerville, Cambridge, etc.) anyway. But I'm not convinced we'll see much reinstatement of any previous measures at all. The Federal guidance is essentially "assess your own risk." Between that guidance, vaccine availability, N-95 (or similar) availability, testing access and availability, the milder variant, the improving weather, and the hindsight perspective of the last Omicron spike, it's pretty easy for local governments to parrot the "assess your own risk" line.

Interestingly, there's been no announcement yet on the Federal public transit mask mandate which is set to expire in 5 days (4/18).

Old 04-13-2022, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Yep. The places where masks might be reinstated are generally going to be the places that are more tolerant of them (Boston, Somerville, Cambridge, etc.) anyway. But I'm not convinced we'll see much reinstatement of any previous measures at all. The Federal guidance is essentially "assess your own risk." Between that guidance, vaccine availability, N-95 (or similar) availability, testing access and availability, the milder variant, the improving weather, and the hindsight perspective of the last Omicron spike, it's pretty easy for local governments to parrot the "assess your own risk" line.

Interestingly, there's been no announcement yet on the Federal public transit mask mandate which is set to expire in 5 days (4/18).
Yes, rather mysterious isn't it. I'm glad I got my long haul flights out of the way in the first quarter of the year. I heard the CDC met on Monday and it was a bit of an impasse. This one would make me nervous, if they lifted it. Despite what they say about air circulation on planes, you can't convince me that I would be safe from catching the virus from the next seat passenger if we're both unmasked.

Old 04-13-2022, 08:37 AM

12,836 posts, read 22,014,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Yes, rather mysterious isn't it. I'm glad I got my long haul flights out of the way in the first quarter of the year. I heard the CDC met on Monday and it was a bit of an impasse. This one would make me nervous, if they lifted it. Despite what they say about air circulation on planes, you can't convince me that I would be safe from catching the virus from the next seat passenger if we're both unmasked.
I think it's fairly poor form to not have a decision within 5 days of the end date for something like this. Even if they can't reach a consensus, it should be pretty easy to push it one more month and cite the rising cases nationwide. If they do let it drop, I imagine it's still entirely up to airlines to handle it as they please. And considering the issues they had around the New Year with flight cancellations due to staff being out with COVID, I'm not so sure they'd all drop the requirements right away either.

Old 04-13-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I think it's fairly poor form to not have a decision within 5 days of the end date for something like this. Even if they can't reach a consensus, it should be pretty easy to push it one more month and cite the rising cases nationwide. If they do let it drop, I imagine it's still entirely up to airlines to handle it as they please. And considering the issues they had around the New Year with flight cancellations due to staff being out with COVID, I'm not so sure they'd all drop the requirements right away either.
And looks like they extended it by 2 weeks (?!). What a cop-out!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/04/...ement-2-weeks/

Old 04-13-2022, 12:54 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,235 times
Some foreign flag carriers (KLM, Virgin, BA) have already discarding or relaxing the mask requirement, though you still need to wear one on the UK carriers for US flights due to the regulations here.

I've seen very lax enforcement on domestic carriers the past 2 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts