Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2022, 08:07 PM

23,569 posts, read 18,672,702 times

Advertisements

Receive my booster (Moderna) at Walgreens yesterday. Last night I was pretty sore and run down, woke up a little better and mostly normal now save for some shoulder pain. Kind of the opposite of #2 and 3, where the day after was when I got hit worst.

Last edited by massnative71; 09-13-2022 at 08:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2022, 06:57 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,282,468 times
Well, they (CVS) canceled my vaccination appointment for the second time. I wonder if they're having trouble getting supply.

Old 09-14-2022, 06:00 PM

12,380 posts, read 9,483,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
Well, they (CVS) canceled my vaccination appointment for the second time. I wonder if they're having trouble getting supply.
Supply is definitely short ATM relative to demand. I stopped into my local CVS to pick up prescriptions and inquired about the new Moderna booster while I was there - the pharmacist said they had some and then promptly ran out. He suggested I check again in a week or two.

Old 09-15-2022, 01:19 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,282,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Supply is definitely short ATM relative to demand. I stopped into my local CVS to pick up prescriptions and inquired about the new Moderna booster while I was there - the pharmacist said they had some and then promptly ran out. He suggested I check again in a week or two.
Thanks. I suspected as much. I am traveling the first week of October, so I'm hoping that I can get the booster before then. Doesn't look good at the moment though.

Old 09-16-2022, 10:15 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,478,579 times
I'm not going to get a booster this fall. At least not at this time.

Not against it, i'm just not feeling the personal urgency at this time.

I received the Covid and flu vaccines last winter. I ended up getting the flu and covid twice this year and the flu kicked my butt. I'm just lacking the motivation at this time...

Old 09-16-2022, 10:50 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,999,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post

I received the Covid and flu vaccines last winter. I ended up getting the flu and covid twice this year and the flu kicked my butt. I'm just lacking the motivation at this time...
I'm not going out of my way to get it yet either. I still haven't had COVID and I've had quite a bit of exposure over the past 9 months or so between my own household, family/friends and events/gatherings we've attended. I'm also not opposed to it in the slightest and I'll probably get it eventually, but it's not a priority at the moment.

Old 09-16-2022, 11:34 AM

16,312 posts, read 8,140,203 times
Default anon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post

I really haven't thought about getting another booster either. There are sill so many people worried about covid, it kind of surprises and I wonder how some continue to live this way. My co worker was waiting for a repair guy to come to his house to fix something and held up his N95 on a zoom call and was like, I have this ready for when he shows up. I was like, wow...it doesn't occur to me to put on a mask in my own house regardless of who is here. Must be a stressful way to live.

Old 09-16-2022, 11:49 AM

12,380 posts, read 9,483,835 times
There are over 1 million US dead from Covid-19, and currently still about 500 Americans dying per day from Covid-19. This is not a trivial rate of mortality. I get that some may have Covid-fatigue, and some may not be worried about it (or never were), but this is the most significant pandemic in my 63 years. Nothing else comes close.

I realize that you can't be hypervigilant and/or use measures that have significant downsides indefinitely. But at least to me, this doesn't mean that just ignoring the situation is the best option either. Others can do what they will, but for me, getting the vaccine is a no-brainer. It's easy and it's free and there is overwhelming evidence the vaccines have been helpful, so for me, it's a matter of why wouldn't I do it?

Old 09-16-2022, 12:53 PM

16,312 posts, read 8,140,203 times
I can understand if someone is eldery and has health issues...but healthy people under 50ish who have been vaccinated should feel somewhat ok. I am just surprised that some would still be reaching for the N95 every time the doorbell rings.

Old 09-16-2022, 01:11 PM

23,569 posts, read 18,672,702 times
Isn't the data still kind of fuzzy on the effectiveness of boosters for recent variants? In some cases (California study) even less protected than those who received just the initial 2 doses? I got this one because it was specifically tuned for Omicron. Otherwise, I would have more reading up to do or want to await further studies before committing to this 4th dose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts