Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2020, 06:31 PM

11,904 posts, read 8,990,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Well seems like a lot of hospital workers are still getting covid even though they should have the n95 masks by now.
This doesn't necessarily imply a technical failure of the PPE equipment, it could be a lapse in technique while wearing or disposing of the PPE - e.g., touching "clean" surfaces they shouldn't be touching, or they may have been exposed when they weren't wearing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2020, 08:26 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,375,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Also, they are getting a significant viral dose in providing care. Maybe one time wouldn't matter but over 12 hours of close work??
I do feel like there is something to this. It fits with a lot of the information we have heard about this virus.

Old 04-07-2020, 09:20 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,527,349 times
I was watching the news and Boris Johnson was on and talking. He took this very lightly in the beginning. Was skeptical and shaking hands with coronavirus patients! I couldn’t help but notice the pretty woman on his arm. Good lord he’s 55 and has a 32 year old pregnant fiancé.

Last edited by Bridge781; 04-07-2020 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: N

Old 04-07-2020, 10:34 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,100,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
I do feel like there is something to this. It fits with a lot of the information we have heard about this virus.
Yes, the younger deceased who were not predisposed seemed to experience heavy viral loads.

Despite healthcare workers taking extreme precaution with PPE and procedure during ebola outbreaks, a staggering number die from exposure. As expected in any risk assessment, more exposure = higher risk of infection regardless of protection measures.

Last I heard, some NY facilities lost nearly 1/3rd of their staff due to infection.

Old 04-07-2020, 11:42 PM

162 posts, read 100,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I was watching the news and Boris Johnson....I couldn’t help but notice the pretty woman on his arm. Good lord he’s 55 and has a 32 year old pregnant fiancé.
Do you ever post a comment that's not age obsessed? What's your beef with grown-ups? Envy?

I'm not a fan of Boris Johnson, he's trump the lesser, but he has a pretty, younger woman on his arm because he's within the generation when men were still men and women were attracted to that.

There's nothing more useless and ineffective than a millennial male. I guess it's because so many were raised by single mothers without a strong male presence, but they're useless at anything unless there's an App for it. The males of your generation could learn a lot from BoJo, even if I don't care for his politics, BoJo has the mojo.

Old 04-08-2020, 02:41 AM

18,608 posts, read 33,176,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBThescot View Post
Do you ever post a comment that's not age obsessed? What's your beef with grown-ups? Envy?

I'm not a fan of Boris Johnson, he's trump the lesser, but he has a pretty, younger woman on his arm because he's within the generation when men were still men and women were attracted to that.

That's not fair. Men with money or power have always been able to attract young, attractive women, no matter how gnarly, in every generation. Millennial men (or any younger men) aren't old enough to have gained enough power or money to do so. Just give 'em some time!

Old 04-08-2020, 03:02 AM

162 posts, read 100,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
That's not fair. Men with money or power have always been able to attract young, attractive women, no matter how gnarly, in every generation. Millennial men (or any younger men) aren't old enough to have gained enough power or money to do so. Just give 'em some time!
Boris Johnson is a man who knows how to gain power and wield it, often with a sense of humor... ways of being that are attractive.

Millennial males, I hesitate to call them men, as a broad generalization, are whiney and self centered.

Just take clothes as an example, for a reference point. BoJo wears a well constructed, real man's leather shoe and a proper suit designed for a man's body. I usually see a hint of a vintage Omega, Patek or other mechanical watch at his cuffs. Of course he attracts good looking young women. Sure he's fat but he has style.

Millennial males almost always wear sneakers, like they're still pre school kids. And the skinny jeans? LOL. Unless you're on stage with the Rolling Stones, no man should be seen in skinny jeans. They look like girls leggings. Even worse is the skinny suit with the jacket two sizes too small. Who's gonna take that seriously? Most of them aren't capable of telling analog time, they need big numbers. Again, like pre school. I don't think there's enough time left to fix it.

Old 04-08-2020, 03:58 AM

24,509 posts, read 17,967,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Depends what they are made of. Most common materials we’ve tested have been below 50% efficiency. Off the top of my head a t-shirt was around 20%.

I believe the Intent was to reduce or stop large droplet transmission. For the general public, put something over your face. Better than nothing
The point of the mask isn’t to protect yourself. It’s to protect everyone else. The name of the game is lowering the transmission rate.

Old 04-08-2020, 04:28 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,868,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBThescot View Post
Boris Johnson is a man who knows how to gain power and wield it, often with a sense of humor... ways of being that are attractive.

Millennial males, I hesitate to call them men, as a broad generalization, are whiney and self centered.

Just take clothes as an example, for a reference point. BoJo wears a well constructed, real man's leather shoe and a proper suit designed for a man's body. I usually see a hint of a vintage Omega, Patek or other mechanical watch at his cuffs. Of course he attracts good looking young women. Sure he's fat but he has style.

Millennial males almost always wear sneakers, like they're still pre school kids. And the skinny jeans? LOL. Unless you're on stage with the Rolling Stones, no man should be seen in skinny jeans. They look like girls leggings. Even worse is the skinny suit with the jacket two sizes too small. Who's gonna take that seriously? Most of them aren't capable of telling analog time, they need big numbers. Again, like pre school. I don't think there's enough time left to fix it.
It sounds like your experience with "millenial males" comes mostly from an angry expose you read in a 2005 Reader's Digest. How many do you actually know? (I'm also curious how many people you actually know who wear Patek watches?)

Old 04-08-2020, 05:58 AM

15,683 posts, read 20,181,855 times
Looks like the model has once again been revised.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite.../massachusetts

US peak to happen sooner (in 2 days) with less deaths. MA peak has been pushed back to the 20th with less deaths as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

Last edited by BostonMike7; 04-08-2020 at 06:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts