Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2020, 10:49 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,467,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
There's a lot of optimism about the projections indicating the peak will occur sooner or later with fewer deaths, both here and nationwide—which is great, of course—but not one of these projections has factored in wave two. I suppose there are too many variables to even map that out, but still.

Things are going to get very weird when we've "passed the peak" and pretend we can slowly get back to some sort of normal routine. We could easily end up right back where we are now in June.
I touched upon that when I posted this link about the 1918 pandemic.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/h...c-coronavirus/

The article talks about just that. Some cities experienced a 2nd wave when they relaxed restrictions too quickly, and some cities only received the single initial wave, and then a low level number of cases throughout the 24 month pandemic.

So, it's optimistic to hope that as we move into May and even perhaps into June that restrictions could be easing, but it's too early to say the entire pandemic is over.

The '18, '57 and '68 pandemic all lasted 18-24 months. This is month 2 or 3 for us. (depending on when you believe the first cases arrived here)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 10:49 AM

23,556 posts, read 18,651,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
She shouldn't have been pumping gas, but I see nothing wrong with going for a ride (provided no one in your vehicle leaves the vehicle) or being in your yard provided it's not shared. In fact, fresh air coupled with deep breathing and some movement may well help someone recover and stay out of the hospital.
I kind of disagree with the driving part. The more unnecessary trips I make, the sooner I will need gas which of course adds in an additional potential transmission. I just viewed my CC statement and the last time I gassed up was on March 9th. Still have 1/4 tank left which I hope to stretch for as long as possible. This is unprecedented for me.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:54 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,467,632 times
Driving is the only think keeping me sane right now. Cruising on an open highway (on the way to office) is a form of stress relief for me.

Gas is cheap now. I think I paid $1.69 the other day for 87octane. I don't think we've put gas in the wife's car since mid-March

Old 04-08-2020, 11:00 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,363,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
How do you do that on this forum?
Go up to the top and click on "My settings" and go down to "Edit Ignore list" and enter whatever names you wish to ignore.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:02 AM

23,556 posts, read 18,651,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Driving is the only think keeping me sane right now. Cruising on an open highway (on the way to office) is a form of stress relief for me.

I definitely hear you. In a sense I'm blessed to have a very short commute and been able to go in for limited hours, but this has been testing a lot of things for me. I've been longing for an excuse to get "out on the road', but so far hasn't come. Not one I can justify anyway.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:11 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,546,120 times
If someone tests positive for coronavirus if anything it’s just common courtesy to stay in your home so not to infect someone else who could oh i don’t know, die from this. But I realize so many people today lack common courtesy and only care about themselves.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
If someone tests positive for coronavirus if anything it’s just common courtesy to stay in your home so not to infect someone else who could oh i don’t know, die from this. But I realize so many people today lack common courtesy and only care about themselves.
There is no issue with a person standing on their deck or backyard even if having COVID. Yes, I read what someone said about the wind blowing. Not an issue. Misinformation. Talk about only caring about themselves...

Old 04-08-2020, 11:16 AM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
There is no issue with a person standing on their deck or backyard even if having COVID. Yes, I read what someone said about the wind blowing. Not an issue. Misinformation. Talk about only caring about themselves...
Then we can agree to disagree. Many houses are close together. If someone is positive stay in the house for 2 weeks. What if they’re coughing in the yard and someone else who isn’t positive was outside in their yard?

We could debate this all day. Not gonna do it.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Then we can agree to disagree. Many houses are close together. If someone is positive stay in the house for 2 weeks. What if they’re coughing in the yard and someone else who isn’t positive was outside in their yard?

We could debate this all day. Not gonna do it.
Great. I'll take my professional degrees and experience in infectious disease and following this since December in the medical world and my own little house in town very close to people and will cease and desist. I just didn't want any readers to be misinformed.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:23 AM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Great. I'll take my professional degrees and experience in infectious disease and following this since December in the medical world and my own little house in town very close to people and will cease and desist. I just didn't want any readers to be misinformed.
Lol the ol I’ve got professional degrees defense. I’ve got them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts