Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 09:04 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,908,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
He's an idiot, but I can actually see him getting reelected.
I wouldn't bet on that. His base isn't expanding, and he makes new enemies every day..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 09:28 AM

9,070 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
I wouldn't bet on that. His base isn't expanding, and he makes new enemies every day..
Trump has one good characteristic and it is a big one in my opinion. He is the first politician in my lifetime who seems to stand up to communist China. Every other politician Democrat or Republican going back to Nixon has acted like a lapdog to China and for that reason only, I will vote for him.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:31 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,918,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
I'd be a rich man if I took what I thought was going to happen to Donald Trump and bet the opposite. Everything about his election defies my intuition.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:35 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,401,647 times
PLEASE take the politics to the Politics forum

Old 04-24-2020, 09:41 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
PLEASE take the politics to the Politics forum
Sadly, it's impossible to unwrap politics from COVID-19. They are inextricably intertwined.

The protest that rolled past Baker's house yesterday was lead by some Mad Max Armageddon snowplow contraption with about a dozen Trump flags and huge banners that said "Make Liberals Cry Again." The list goes on.

But I agree with you. Plenty of other places to talk about that.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:54 AM

3,373 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
In all due respect. Riding any form of public transit is not a right. In terms of giving a mask that might encourage other people to show up and not have a mask. Bus drivers deal with quite a bit of crap even before this happened. Ridership is way down.

Now I know sometimes there can be poorer people that just ride a bus or train as something to do but that can't happen now.

PVTA Home Page

"PVTA Service Update 4-21-20:
PVTA is providing transportation for ESSENTIAL TRIPS ONLY.

PVTA highly recommends all passengers wear a medical or cloth mask to cover their mouth and nose as recommended by the CDC while on board the PVTA.

Riders must be travelling to an essential destination. All riders are required to exit the bus at the end of its route and may not re-board the same vehicle for a return trip. Multiple or consecutive round trips are not permitted and riders who appear to be loitering on the bus will be asked to deboard.

If you have a cough, cold or fever or you are not feeling well, please stay home. Do not use public transportation."

So unless you really need to go somewhere and are feeling fine don't go. Right now public transit is in shambles.

I dont think just because you give one person a mask that others wont show up without one. people have been lemmings and wear masks outside when they are not even near people or they even wear them in their car.

the rider was not causing problems he should of never been forcefully removed from the bus. some people need public transportation to get to work. yes that still happens.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:55 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Trump has one good characteristic and it is a big one in my opinion. He is the first politician in my lifetime who seems to stand up to communist China. Every other politician Democrat or Republican going back to Nixon has acted like a lapdog to China and for that reason only, I will vote for him.
Uh, right. He "stood up" to China after he gave them credit in January for getting the virus under control:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...18115354923009

Nixon had the right idea. China is the next superpower, if they're not already. You want to build alliances, not incur enmity, with other superpowers unless you want a Cold War type resource drain for the next 50 yrs.

Old 04-24-2020, 10:08 AM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
the rider was not causing problems he should of never been forcefully removed from the bus.
How do you know?

Old 04-24-2020, 10:14 AM

3,373 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
How do you know?
I have heard of that story from multiple sources and if he was causing trouble they would have reported that with the story.

A women was arrested at a park with her daughter.

people where fined for watching the sunset in their cars.

A man on jet skis was arrested in the ocean when no one was around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuzPrhnaiYE

The best part of that video is when the mayor of LA i dont know who he is says" if you dont do what we say we will shut off your water and electricity."

Old 04-24-2020, 10:39 AM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I have heard of that story from multiple sources and if he was causing trouble they would have reported that with the story.

A women was arrested at a park with her daughter.

people where fined for watching the sunset in their cars.

A man on jet skis was arrested in the ocean when no one was around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuzPrhnaiYE

The best part of that video is when the mayor of LA i dont know who he is says" if you dont do what we say we will shut off your water and electricity."
Dude.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/philadelph...ry?id=70104383

"A Septa bus driver requested that an unruly passenger leave the bus several times, and the passenger repeatedly refused," the Philadelphia Police Department said in a statement. "PPD Officers arrived on location, and after being made aware of the driver's request, also ordered the male to leave the bus several times. The male again refused, at which point he was physically removed by the officers."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts