Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2020, 08:23 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Almost 2 months later she still can feel the effects in her lungs. Random isolated coughing fits, and not able to exert herself like she used to.
I have a relatively young (for this) friend in his early 40s who reports the same. 40+ days out he can still feel it when he takes a deep breath, and he didn't even suffer from bad respiratory symptoms when in the throes of the virus.

That said, I've had a respiratory virus within the past 10 years that took me the better part of 6 months until I felt completely back to my old self. Seems like it is too early to tell with this virus either way. I am hopeful that those who recover will recover fully in time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 08:26 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
Yes, my office has talked about getting us back in the office in phases as soon as restrictions are lifted, but the majority of us are parents, so we can only come in once care has been sorted out.

My kids are in a smattering of camps this summer--I was surprised to hear that the camp they are signed up for starting 6/22 (through mid-July) is planning to "enthusiasticlly move ahead with all camp sessions..." they did go on to say that they are monitoring the situation, but are hopeful. I was expecting the communication to say that camp was delayed until July at the earliest. I am not hanging my hat on camp starting 6/22 as planned, but was encouraged that they are moving forward with all sessions given last week's news about daycares being closed until 6/29.
Yes I’ve noticed a trend the past week or so of places saying they plan to move foreword with an opening that is months away regardless of what might be happening.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:40 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
My company is planning on a July 1 reopening at the earliest. We are technically open now to essential employees, but it will allow non-essentials to come back into the office even though most are WFH. We have a few meetings to discuss social distancing strategies as it will definitely not be business as usual, but trying to get back to somewhat normal operations. Temp scans and masks will likely be part of that strategy for quite a while.

For those deemed essential, many still didn’t want to come in. That includes older folk, or those with underlying conditions. They ended up implementing “hazard pay” for essential workers coming into office for April, May and June equal to 10% of your earnings those months

Regardless of whether or not MA reopens on May 5th or delays, nothing changes for us so therefore I don’t have a strong opinion of it either way. We are foregoing trips this summer and cancelling all school programs/Daycare until Sept. My wife’s school is making contingency plans for the Fall In case there is a resurgence and they are forced to close again.

Last edited by BostonMike7; 04-28-2020 at 08:49 AM..

Old 04-28-2020, 08:42 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
I remember reading some story of a guy whose grandfather survived a gas attack in ww 1. Even decades later he still had to stop and pause to go up stairs.

A friend of my father has it and he's had health issues for decades. I hope he makes it, my father hasn't had a friend die in awhile.

I just keep thinking about how good it is now in the spring/summer to open up a window. If it's 15 degrees out in december I don't think many will. Of course I think of people that live and work in areas where windows don't open. A second wave of this in the fall/winter is what I'm mostly concerned about now. If there's no thanksgiving, no macy's day parade, no Christmas and hannaka celebrations, no NYE ball drop in NYC.

It might be a good idea to look at what the trade associations say in industries as that would really determine real reopenings.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:44 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
This pegged my irony meter.
He won't get the joke. GUaranteed.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:53 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
One time a cult tried to get me to join but it did not work. I am ultra stubborn and generally hate humans. where most are susceptible to get involved in the cult i had no interest. I took a test on the likely hood of joining a cult when I was a lot younger and I did better then everyone else. They say everyone to some degree is able to be brainwashed.

I will tell you those doctors might not have high credentials but they are right that if everyone wears masks and gloves all the time peoples immune systems will weaken. I would not want people to totally disregard those doctors advice they still are doctors.
OK, so you failed the cult test, but how badly? Were you close?

Old 04-28-2020, 08:56 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
There’s a cult susceptibility test?

I’m pretty good at telling telemarketers to bugger off. Does that count?

Old 04-28-2020, 08:58 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I will tell you those doctors might not have high credentials but they are right that if everyone wears masks and gloves all the time peoples immune systems will weaken. I would not want people to totally disregard those doctors advice they still are doctors.

Michael Swango has an MD and is in a supermax prison for killing 60 people. He's "still a doctor". I'm not going to listen to his medical advice, either.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:06 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
OK, so you failed the cult test, but how badly? Were you close?

no I did not fail any test they gave they wanted me to join because a person i was friends with fell for the cult but i told him and the cult I was not coming back. I only spent one day with them because my friend dragged me along but immediately after that I stopped associating with him.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:11 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
There’s a cult susceptibility test?

I’m pretty good at telling telemarketers to bugger off. Does that count?
Ya I remember taking one when I was a kid. they would ask questions like do you like to be around people and other questions I might try to find it online. Your supposed to answer No to all the questions. I was told when I was a kid that no one ever answers no to all the questions. Once you know abou the test then its useless because the correct answer to all the questions would be No if you wanted to pass.

there must be others that are more involved .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts