Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2020, 12:48 PM

23,554 posts, read 18,661,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
prove to me that it does not lower your immunity. if this was one week of wearing masks id say ok but we are talking about months and months of wearing masks and gloves. those doctors are right there is also a thing called good bacteria ever heard of it? if your sanitizing everything in your house your not getting exposed to the good bacteria.

Not only are you wearing gloves and masks but you are interacting with way less people and staying home and not getting introduced to new bacteria. your not seeing as many people. Just like you have to exercise your muscles you have to exercise your immune system or it gets weaker.

I think ill trust the doctors on this. I dont even need a doctor to tell me this .
Yet all doctors seem to be wearing PPE. Hmmm....

But anyway, that's not how it works. When YOU make a claim like...wearing a mask and gloves short term will weaken your immune system, the burden is on YOU to prove such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 12:58 PM

24,555 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
I am saying you should not wear masks and gloves at all times. if you are in the group who is old or has co morbidities then you should probably wear a mask.
Almost 20% of the population is over age 65. There is a big slice of the population under 65 with diabetes, COPD, heart disease, etc. 71% of adults are overweight and 40% obese. I realize this doesn’t fit into your self-centered view of the world but the reason YOU need to wear a mask is so you don’t give it to the ~half of the population at high risk of you killing them.

Old 04-28-2020, 01:09 PM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Almost 20% of the population is over age 65. There is a big slice of the population under 65 with diabetes, COPD, heart disease, etc. 71% of adults are overweight and 40% obese. I realize this doesn’t fit into your self-centered view of the world but the reason YOU need to wear a mask is so you don’t give it to the ~half of the population at high risk of you killing them.

Just saw Pence on TV, touring the Mayo Clinic without a mask despite this top medical center's requirement that everyone wear one in the facility. He was the only one there not wearing a mask. What a sycophant tool.

Old 04-28-2020, 01:10 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
prove to me that it does not lower your immunity. if this was one week of wearing masks id say ok but we are talking about months and months of wearing masks and gloves. those doctors are right there is also a thing called good bacteria ever heard of it? if your sanitizing everything in your house your not getting exposed to the good bacteria.

Not only are you wearing gloves and masks but you are interacting with way less people and staying home and not getting introduced to new bacteria. your not seeing as many people. Just like you have to exercise your muscles you have to exercise your immune system or it gets weaker.

I think ill trust the doctors on this. I dont even need a doctor to tell me this .
I think I see the problem. I know good bacteria can fight harmful bacteria, but this Covid-19 thing is a virus.

Old 04-28-2020, 01:49 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Yet all doctors seem to be wearing PPE. Hmmm....

But anyway, that's not how it works. When YOU make a claim like...wearing a mask and gloves short term will weaken your immune system, the burden is on YOU to prove such.

let me explain two facts are true here. 1. wearing masks prevents doctors from getting the virus.

2. If your body is never introduced to viruses then your immune system will weaken.

3. months of wearing masks and gloves is not short term.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 04-28-2020 at 03:01 PM..

Old 04-28-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I wear a mask in grocery stores or liqour stores. I am alot more considerate then my friend who refuses to wear a mask at all. If its inside i wear a mask. If its outside i do not wear a mask. Since this whole virus thing happened my friend has not worn a mask . He said he would rather take a citation or a fine .

Old 04-28-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I think I see the problem. I know good bacteria can fight harmful bacteria, but this Covid-19 thing is a virus.
well if your wearing a mask all the time your not introduced to good bacteria or viruses. Then your immune system is weakened and can not fight when that pesky virus comes along. I would assume good bacteria also boosts your immune system. I am well aware of the differences between virus and bacteria. If your taking in good bacteria from not wearing a mask that will boost your immune system to fight bacteria and viruses even though they are seperate . your immune system fights both bacteria and viruses.

“I’m a sound believer that we’re too clean of a society,” says Dr. Christopher Carpenter, section head of infectious diseases and international medicine at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. “Our fear of germs has pushed us too far into trying to keep everything safe and sterile. That extreme is harming us more than it’s helping us.”

Pause
Unmute
Current Time 0:25
/
Duration 1:32
“We are getting far too sterile,” adds Kiran Krishnan, a microbiologist and chief scientific officer for Microbiome Labs, based in St. Augustine, Florida. “Exposure to microbes is an essential part of being human. Most of our immune system is comprised of tissue that requires activation by the microbes we’re exposed to. The immune system requires the presence of friendly bacteria to regulate its functions. Think of the immune system as an army, with tanks and missiles but no general to lead them. That’s the role friendly microbes play in your body; they’re the general.” The vast majority of microbes, 97% to 99%, are benign or beneficial, and they are the best protection to fight pathogenic microorganisms, Krishnan says.
https://health.usnews.com/wellness/a...st-your-health

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 04-28-2020 at 02:54 PM..

Old 04-28-2020, 02:44 PM

9,873 posts, read 7,197,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
Was it Fight Club? Because we could really use some soap right about now.
You know the first rule.....

Old 04-28-2020, 03:20 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,777,099 times
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/28/trip...ls-travel.html

TripAdvisor is laying off 900 employees and they are also closing the downtown Boston office. The remaining employees are being asked to take a 25% pay cut while working a 4 day week.

Old 04-28-2020, 03:21 PM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/28/trip...ls-travel.html

TripAdvisor is laying off 900 employees and they are also closing the downtown Boston office. The remaining employees are being asked to take a 25% pay cut while working a 4 day week.
Boston is still going up and up including the metro area. People live quite far from the city and come in for work and other activity. Many of my friends work in Boston area hospitals. The situation is pretty bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts