Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2020, 02:31 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Sorry your sources have ZERO credibility based on that statement alone...which sounds like it came from a fear mongering website.
I am not sure about the country becoming muslim but I heard That Swedish nursing homes where larger then denmarks from a Swedish doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 02:36 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Just saw that number, which I believe is a new daily high death rate. This makes me really suspicious that there is some type of mechanism at play that is seeding new infections. Very troubling...it would imply we need to plateau first, then see a downward trend, before we can even talk about reopening. May 18 seems like a fantasy.
Well % positive seems to be holding down, and # of new cases is up over previous day but still way down from the 23rd when there were 3,079 new cases confirmed. Hopefully the spike in deaths is a one-day fluke, or we are just seeing residual as opposed to a new trend.

Old 04-29-2020, 02:37 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times
Quote:
Just saw that number, which I believe is a new daily high death rate. This makes me really suspicious that there is some type of mechanism at play that is seeding new infections.
I believe this is 100 new deceased in today's numbers, and 152 backdated to previous days. While unspeakably horrible that number is trending in the right direction.

It would be nice to see new cases drop and more detail on the source and nature of the new infections would be interesting.

% of positive tests is also trending in the right direction. It would be nice to see this number get below 10%.

Old 04-29-2020, 02:38 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Ya that is censorship. where this forum is ok with censorship there are millions and millions of others online that are sick of it.

You can call anything misinformation. We do not want a internet that is heavily censored like China. this forum does not represent the full picture of regular citizens getting very angry with google and youtube. I am curious if you can still find the video on bitchute a website that does not censor.
I do agree this is censorship. Let the jury of public opinion and fact checkers go at it instead.

Old 04-29-2020, 02:47 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Updates town by town data

https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws....1588192467.pdf

Old 04-29-2020, 02:50 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
I do agree this is censorship. Let the jury of public opinion and fact checkers go at it instead.
I am glad there are some on here that see that is censorship. It calms my nerves. Exactly the people are intelligent enough to decide what is true and what is not.

I mean you could live in a country where they hide a deadly virus for months not letting other countries know its happening . This prevents other countries accross the world from preparing. The long term effect is more people die then would have had to. Oh wait that did happen!

Imagine if China let us know this virus was happening right away.

Old 04-29-2020, 03:08 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
They should of never removed the video . Even if something is deemed inaccurate that is censorship. Facebook has been censoring out of control. Let the people decide what is true or not true. Nobody owns the truth. If it does not fit their narrative they remove videos. They have been doing this more because the election is this year.
Censorship is when the the government blocks your speech. YouTube taking down a video for their network is not censorship.

Old 04-29-2020, 03:24 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
Somehow I got distracted and didn't watch Laura Ingraham the other night (or ever), but these two Bakersfield bro docs have been so discredited that YouTube removed their video.
I have not seen the video. But would say it is reprehensible to validate Youtube for politically motivated censorship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Censorship is when the the government blocks your speech. YouTube taking down a video for their network is not censorship.
You need to reread the definition of censorship. It does not have to be a government.

Last edited by Robert5; 04-29-2020 at 03:38 PM..

Old 04-29-2020, 03:25 PM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
I posted a video but that was pulled earlier on. Generally speaking from what I've seen from some pretty educated people that have spent time in China is that this could be best described as a biological accident. They were doing experiments with a sars-like virus with baths and it appeared to have been mutated and there was a small outbreak of about 6 people. China has a pretty high population and high population density so as those six people move around they theoretically could have spread it to tens of thousands of people and less than a month each of them. Think of the chemical spill in the early eighties and India and think about Chernobyl. Accidents happen due to a lapse in communication and one thing led to another. Long ago I did a project about Three Mile Island and we were very lucky in that chase because we had one person Denton that took control of the whole thing and it was all contained.

All the numbers that we do see keep going up this is nothing compared to say of Ebola. it's very hard to call this a weapon because Shawna hasn't even gained anything from it. Their are economy is slowing down tremendously.

The United States did know about the virus months prior but the White House didn't do anything.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/polit...rus/index.html

Old 04-29-2020, 03:36 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
I am glad there are some on here that see that is censorship. It calms my nerves. Exactly the people are intelligent enough to decide what is true and what is not.

I mean you could live in a country where they hide a deadly virus for months not letting other countries know its happening . This prevents other countries accross the world from preparing. The long term effect is more people die then would have had to. Oh wait that did happen!

Imagine if China let us know this virus was happening right away.
Maybe. I have a friend who is Mongolian-American, and she says Mongolia knew about it in November, and shut things down. Apparently Mongolia has a very low number of cases (only 38, with zero deaths), which one wouldn't expect based on its location and cultural connections.

However--I think even you'll admit--in January, the whole world knew about this virus. The US did not do anything until Jan 29, then sat pat until things got out of hand in March. If you read about some of the models (including the Northeastern Univ model that the Globe reported on yesterday), the virus was making the rounds in Boston and other metro areas starting in early February. The US government did not believe the science behind the spread, consistently underplayed the threat, and was afraid of the impact on the economy of shutting down too early.

So blaming China for this only goes so far, and doesn't hold up to scrutiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts