Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2020, 03:58 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I am. Basically, if I’m outside of my vehicle in public, it’s on. ...

How are people doing with gloves? I’m more or less going without on that front. It’s honesty a hassle and I’ve seen so much misuse, that I’m not sure the false sense of security they provide is more of a detriment than the protection they offer is a positive. Good hand washing, sanitizer in my car (lots of it), and being cognizant of not touching my face has been my approach.
I put my mask on to leave the car (or house, because I live in a chatty close town). I don't bother with gloves. I feel very well informed about viral load, half-life, etc. I don't wash packages or such. I am religious about wearing a mask and keeping distance from people, whether they're masked or not. Keep hand sanitizer in the car and wash my hands as soon as I come in the house. I am a lot less concerned with fomites than I am with person-to-person breathing/talking transmission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 04:09 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
When yo're reading the Daily Signal, does it also discuss the Trump admin censoring agency rhetoric or NATO language usage? Welcome to the adult table - all things complex are not conspiracy theories.
I think you should take your own advice.

Old 04-30-2020, 04:18 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
I’m not surprised that these large events have been cancelled.

It does raise the question of places that always draw in large crowds though. Amusement parks, churches, malls, certain restaurants. How will they open when so many other big events are just cancelling. Heck the train which people will need.

When will people feel comfortable going to an airport and flying? Some still are.

Old 04-30-2020, 04:53 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I doubt it is the New Hampshire residents doing this.

Old 04-30-2020, 05:08 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,099,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I’m not surprised that these large events have been cancelled.

It does raise the question of places that always draw in large crowds though. Amusement parks, churches, malls, certain restaurants. How will they open when so many other big events are just cancelling. Heck the train which people will need.

When will people feel comfortable going to an airport and flying? Some still are.
I feel comfortable doing all of that now.

Old 04-30-2020, 05:38 PM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
I don't know what the planning process looks like for some of these events. However, I am assuming that events which are facing contractural or budgetary deadlines may opt to pull the plug rather than assume risk. There really is no reason I can see to cancel something scheduled for October at this point. I highly doubt the organizers of Wellfleet Oyster fest are privy to any kind of inside information from the powers as be.
Sorta kinda. You have to figure a few things of any significant event. You have to have security of police, then there might be media coverage, customers/attendees and then suppliers. Let's say a golf course reopens. Ok fine but did the manager allow a liquor license to lapse or is it too late? That can be a factor. If your suppliers cannot show up you can't always do everything. Say you need a big PA system and some video cameras for basic security. You might be able to get some cameras here and there but if you can't do the PA how do you do a code adam or similar issue? If they can't hear an announcement that's a safety issue.

October is way off. May, June sure. After that it can be a bit iffy and I think that depends on how much they can accomodate covid.

From what I just saw on tv the Big E is still on. BSO at Tanglewood's announcement should be soon.

Speaking of which the BSO announced their 2020-2021 season
https://www.boston.com/culture/enter...2020-21-season

It starts September 16. But at the same point we don't hear about the 4th of July and Tanglewood...the decision should be in the next two weeks.

Newport Jazz and Folks festival was cancelled
https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...-canceled-2020

Old 04-30-2020, 05:45 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
The parking lot of BJ's Club in Salem NH is like a minefield of used gloves. People just drop them to the ground and drive off. I doubt it is the New Hampshire residents doing this.
Quote:
I agree with AtkinsonDan. Or I would certainly bet the majority are from Mass.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:27 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by western mass and love it View Post
I feel comfortable doing all of that now.
Hopefully it's for an essential reason, and you're wearing a mask and practicing social distancing so you don't go spreading it to other parts of the country that are starting to open up.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:36 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I agree with AtkinsonDan. Or I would certainly bet the majority are from Mass.
Yes, there are a lot of people from MA shopping at stores in Salem, NH as it is right over the border. However, are you saying that shoppers from MA are more inclined to discarding gloves in the parking lot and the shoppers from NH aren't doing this?? That is what the other poster stated. Seems ridiculous to me.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:57 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Yes, there are a lot of people from MA shopping at stores in Salem, NH as it is right over the border. However, are you saying that shoppers from MA are more inclined to discarding gloves in the parking lot and the shoppers from NH aren't doing this?? That is what the other poster stated. Seems ridiculous to me.
More inclined absolutely. The differences can be staggering at times. Now if we're talking Salisbury vs. Seabrook, probably not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts