Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2020, 02:43 PM

9,909 posts, read 15,470,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I do not know how to best compare things in a way that is 1:1, because obviously there are differences. And thus I am not taking a position on the mask issue, but around my area now, I can safely say mask wearing is under 50%, if I had to guess. It's been that way ever since the reversal of opinion by CDC/Fauci, absolutely nobody was wearing one before. The death rates have been flat for about a month now. So from how I see it, it's possible that they helped keep it that way, but at the same time, only about 50% compliance (or slightly less) has also not resulted in any type of spike, and we have also reopened quite a bit in the mean time already.
My guess is that just about a third of the people here (Hilton Head) wear masks. I went to the doctor early last week and none of the staff had masks, not even the doctor. One woman in the waiting room did. Most of the servers wear masks, but not all restaurants require that of their employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 02:58 PM

5,974 posts, read 4,957,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplexsimon View Post
Anybody getting a haircut when the shops open?
Irony--I just ordered my home hair cutting kit from Amazon...will arrive by 5/28. I didn't know that salons were going to be open by then! Oh well, I guess I'll be prepared for the second stay-at-home directive in the fall.

Old 05-19-2020, 03:06 PM

15,683 posts, read 20,181,855 times
The numbers are trending in the right directions.

https://www.mass.gov/doc/covid-19-da...-2020/download

76 deaths, 873 new cases. Hospitalizations continuing to fall

Old 05-19-2020, 03:18 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,527,349 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
The numbers are trending in the right directions.

https://www.mass.gov/doc/covid-19-da...-2020/download

76 deaths, 873 new cases. Hospitalizations continuing to fall
Yes the numbers are falling which is what we want obviously. Hopefully this thing is done given that there are so many precautions in place now once people do venture out.

I’m still curious on whether there will be much venturing out.

Old 05-19-2020, 03:44 PM

3,117 posts, read 1,387,501 times
A Real dangerous job i was thinking about is doing dentistry. I guess some dental assistants are scared to go back to work. your face is inches from a patients mouth!! I wonder if dentistry will cause cases to rise. in some ways its more dangerous then medical because your mouth is inches away from a opened mouth. If cases start to rise i would suspect dentistry.

I believe dentists offices are opening in mass now. I believe non emergency will be a go soon.

Old 05-19-2020, 03:51 PM

875 posts, read 653,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
A Real dangerous job i was thinking about is doing dentistry. I guess some dental assistants are scared to go back to work. your face is inches from a patients mouth!! I wonder if dentistry will cause cases to rise. in some ways its more dangerous then medical because your mouth is inches away from a opened mouth. If cases start to rise i would suspect dentistry.

I believe dentists offices are opening in mass now. I believe non emergency will be a go soon.
Yes, a good friend is a dentist and said that they have huge backlogs in just routine cleaning alone.

Old 05-19-2020, 03:54 PM

875 posts, read 653,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
Yep although I would recommend sticking to experienced and not the kiddos. That will increase your costs.
Of course, like for like experience/skills.

Old 05-19-2020, 04:00 PM

18,608 posts, read 33,176,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer2 View Post
Yes, a good friend is a dentist and said that they have huge backlogs in just routine cleaning alone.
I went for a cleaning and my dentist's assistant wore two surgical masks and a face shield. Also the room had to be unoccupied for an hour after the patient left (aerosol).

Old 05-19-2020, 04:09 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,784,310 times
Traffic is surprisingly heavy on Rt. 3 South right now. No slowdowns but still. Heavy on both sides leading to the split from university Ave. Not like it normally is yet but what a difference.

I'll be interested to see how it goes on Rt. 2.

Old 05-19-2020, 04:16 PM

779 posts, read 868,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
Traffic is surprisingly heavy on Rt. 3 South right now. No slowdowns but still. Heavy on both sides leading to the split from university Ave. Not like it normally is yet but what a difference.

I'll be interested to see how it goes on Rt. 2.
I've really enjoyed how light the traffic has been. It's going to be an adjustment as the traffic gets heavier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts