Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2020, 07:35 PM

3,373 posts, read 1,538,475 times

Advertisements

some north end buisness owners who own restaurants are upset they can not open. I dont blame them one bit.

you never know who your going to **** off.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/he...OXAVVEJLUVITI/

they want a fight it looks like. this guy has to feed his kids.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 05-19-2020 at 07:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 09:36 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,806,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
I've really enjoyed how light the traffic has been. It's going to be an adjustment as the traffic gets heavier.
Just don't drive crazy. a few weeks ago I was on i91 and was doing 70. Not that much higher than the speed limit. Someone zooms past me easily doing 80 if not 85..seriously

Old 05-20-2020, 04:55 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,236 times
Quote:

Earlier you mentioned that people have sometimes been disrespectful in response to some of your posts. This is why. It's pure, unadulterated far-right political propaganda
Really...Right wing propaganda. Oh so when my small business cash flow has gone down to nearly zero. And I still have to pay for shop rent, liability insurance, commercial vehicle expenses, payroll...etc...Basically just hanging by thread to stay in business including many other small business like myself....It’s all right wing propaganda “BS’...thanks for clarifying!

Old 05-20-2020, 05:45 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Really...Right wing propaganda. Oh so when my small business cash flow has gone down to nearly zero. And I still have to pay for shop rent, liability insurance, commercial vehicle expenses, payroll...etc...Basically just hanging by thread to stay in business including many other small business like myself....It’s all right wing propaganda “BS’...thanks for clarifying!
Yeah, it’s far right propaganda. You can easily report on the devastating economic impacts of the shutdowns related to COVID-19 without this crap:
  1. “ In fact, the lockdown is the most sweeping restriction of personal liberties in U.S. history.”
  2. “ It is obvious that the Massachusetts RINO Republican is taking his cues from the leftists atTheBostonGlobeand the incompetent Democratic establishment.”
  3. “ Our media and bureaucratic elites still have a job; in fact, for many of them this whole ordeal has been a long, paid vacation.”
  4. “ The shutdown has never been about protecting public health; rather, it is about expanding political power and social control.”

The “article” isn’t so much about about how the economy has taken a massive hit during the pandemic which is accurate and something we are all well aware of. It’s intended to imply that something politically nefarious is going on with Baker and the “leftists.” That this whole thing is a power grab. That is wrong, and it’s the very definition of near conspiracy level political propaganda.

Old 05-20-2020, 05:54 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,236 times
Quote:

The “article” isn’t so much about about how the economy has taken a massive hit during the pandemic which is accurate and something we are all well aware of. It’s intended to imply that something politically nefarious is going on with Baker and the “leftists.” That this whole thing is a power grab. That is wrong, and it’s the very definition of near conspiracy level political propaganda.
Really...I was at Home Depot The Other Day and It was completely Packed with People Not Social Distancing And Some Not Wearing Masks

So why can Home Depot stay open for business and millions of other small business like myself can’t.

I guess The virus must specifically targets small businesses, churches, and beaches. But it magically avoids WalMarts, Home Depot’s, and Lowe’s.

But “No” there’s no conspiracy going on here...it’s all right wing propaganda nut jobs!

Old 05-20-2020, 06:09 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
Really...I was at Home Depot The Other Day and It was completely Packed with People Not Social Distancing And Some Not Wearing Masks

So why can Home Depot stay open for business and millions of other small business like myself can’t.

I guess The virus must specifically targets small businesses, churches, and beaches. But it magically avoids WalMarts, Home Depot’s, and Lowe’s.

But “No” there’s no conspiracy going on here...it’s all right wing propaganda nut jobs!
What evidence did the author provide to support the claims that the Gov is just a puppet of the Globe/leftists? What evidence did he provide to support the claim that it’s just a power grab? None. And until there IS evidence to support those claims, it’s just conspiracy nut fodder. It’s not accurate just because it aligns with your own beliefs.

Old 05-20-2020, 06:19 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,806,919 times
Quote:

That's because to be honest with you I worked with one of those companies for three and a half years and there is a huge amount of corporate support as well as training and supplies. Those type of stores have everything come down from corporate. And corporate is very afraid of doing anything that upsets the federal or state or local governments. There also more support in terms of logistics offering space to local governments. Take a look at the hurricane response of any major hurricane over the past 15 years and see who actually supported operations.

The reason why churches were largely shut down is because you literally get into situations where people put Wafers into each other's mouths and social distancing is impossible in a confession booth let alone when the collection plate goes around. In some communities where they English language the second language there have been gatherings in a religious buildings which have contributed to Extended outbreaks.

The other thing to consider with the coronavirus is that the back tracing is much harder to do with smaller groups than it is with large employers. Remember the Scandal at Chipotle Grill years ago? Their supply chain management had to go back on every single ingredient and see what the process was from the source to the customer and find out who didn't wash their hands or who didn't sanitize something properly.

One of the biggest things I got out of working in retail with just a sheer number of reports that we would constantly turn out. Sales by our type, customer count, sales by assortment, Inventory management, Massachusetts price detail, Inventory management report cycle counts for highly stolen items one Etc the reports provide detail and future actions and that's what the government wants to see is how company response in terms of not just policies but the actual accuracy and reliability.

This isn't to say that smaller businesses can't do these things but it's much harder to gauge that since many of them are not publicly traded or might not have Staffing to show reports. Is it the type of employer we have two people call out sick they act like it's World War 3 or the type of place that they could take 5, 10,
20 people out and still be fine?

Old 05-20-2020, 07:36 AM

3,970 posts, read 5,762,977 times
I guessed right that many of the malcontents lambasting our leadership in this thread as well as elsewhere in CDF are small business owners. Exacerbating the problem is that some of our elected officials, while protecting their own communities, are in fact sending out the wrong message to other communities. One of our Boston city councilors publicly opined that Massachusetts is opening too soon while others communities (and small businesses) think the exact opposite. You can't please everyone all at once and every constituent community has to be somehow protected so the government at all levels have to find ways to compromise. Yet the way the city councilor announced that "Massachusetts is not ready for reopening" kind of implied she was speaking for Athol, Wilbraham, Cummington, Warwick, Mattapoisett, Truro, Fall River, and practically every other community outside of Boston. That is how distrust builds, name calling fires off, and verbal online fights and accusations get rough pretty quickly. That is why our elected leaders have to make every effort to compromise rather than just look after the needs of their own constituents. (That last statement BTW is textbook political science but has not been practiced as often as it should in recent years or otherwise we'd have a nearly unified national legislature).

Old 05-20-2020, 07:41 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:

I guess The virus must specifically targets small businesses, churches, and beaches.
But it magically avoids WalMarts, Home Depot’s, and Lowe’s.

This is so bogus, surely even you can't believe it. It's all having to do with the ability to maintain social distancing. Large stores--it's easier to do that physically, they can invest more resources into the safeguards required (markings, shields, sanitizing) than the small stores. There's no nefarious plot at work.

Exposure is germane when you're within 6' of someone for at least 15 min. In a retail environment--you're more apt to keep moving. In a church or beach--people go there and sit, therefore if you don't maintain the social distancing and/or masks, you will most likely exceed the 15 min threshold.

It's all science-based, yet posters like you insist that there's some massive conspiracy at work to take away people's "liberties". Yeah, the liberty to make others sick through their foolishness!

Old 05-20-2020, 08:04 AM

12,379 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Quote:

What do you propose as the motivation for the conspiracy that you are alleging is going on? And there are similar restrictions in most other states - do they all have their own conspiracies, or is this one big conspiracy being orchestrated by George Soros, Greta Thunberg, and Martians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts