Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2020, 05:07 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,769,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I went for a walk after work, and I don’t know if it’s the heat or what, but this is by far the worst I’ve seen as far as adherence to wearing masks goes. Usually I’d say about 95% of the people I walk by wear masks. Today it was probably closer to 66% or 75%. Still OK, but noticeably down.

I think it's the heat. We're probably going to see more of these instances throughout the summer. What can I say, we Americans are not accustomed to harder to bear adjustments in life. Street cleaners in super hot and humid Hong Kong have been wearing face masks for long hours every day for generations. Some of us can't even keep them on for 15 minutes and still complain. Compared to lesser developed places in the world, we are wimps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2020, 05:10 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
Baker's order says you only have to wear a mask outdoors if you "can't social distance".
Some cities like Cambridge and Somerville have passed stricter requirements than Baker's.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:29 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Some cities like Cambridge and Somerville have passed stricter requirements than Baker's.
Oh that's right. I have to wonder how well that is being enforced.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:18 PM

12,863 posts, read 22,021,203 times
Quote:
Baker's order says you only have to wear a mask outdoors if you "can't social distance".
I’m in an extremely dense, urban area.

Old 05-21-2020, 10:09 PM

3 posts, read 1,040 times
Truly disappointed in the plan from our Governor. Virus is deadly to the very old and sick and they must be protected but it makes sense to open restaurants and gyms for the rest of us.

Old 05-21-2020, 11:27 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
thats what is happening now. not only is grandma and grandpa home the kids are not in school learning. if this disease was threat to the kids then i would be advocating something different but its not. most of the deaths are people over 70. there even was a 104 year old women that beat this. I am not saying ignore the old.
well my mother is 76 yes i drop food off at her door.
what are you talking about everyone was in agreement of the elderly being locked down. or that was the advice.
lots of jobs now can be done from home. no not doctors jobs.
I never said everyone was in agreement of the elderly being locked down And "lots of jobs can be done from home" - like what? Selling newspaper subscriptions

Old 05-22-2020, 04:15 AM

12,863 posts, read 22,021,203 times
Im really excited to see what this looks like: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bos...tputType%3Damp

Boston has proposed some similar measures to allow restaurants to expand their outdoor footprint outdoors while dining inside is limited, but there’s nothing as concrete as Somerville’s which go into effect by the end of May.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:02 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
Eating outdoors is great in the summer but as soon as it gets cold not many are going to go for that. Plus some restaurants just have a tiny space with no area in the front or back for sitting.

I think a lot of restaurants are going to need to focus on take out. A restaurant in Milton seems to have done very well during all this with a lemon martini drink for $20 that you can get 3 drinks out of. Seems to have been a hit but it’s still cheaper to get your own bottle of vodka and some lemonade.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:06 AM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I’m in an extremely dense, urban area.
Isn't Somerville like half College Students? There are probably some parts of Cambridge which are pretty empty right now too like Kendall Square due to the workers staying home.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:30 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,412 times
Quote:
Isn't Somerville like half College Students? There are probably some parts of Cambridge which are pretty empty right now too like Kendall Square due to the workers staying home.
Once March/early April hit my whole neighborhood emptied out like it was Christmas break. Even considering that exodus I'd still call it a dense area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts