Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2020, 08:20 AM

24,555 posts, read 18,225,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
https://www.mass.gov/guidance/guidan...-massachusetts

You will need to produce a negative test or quarantine for two weeks. Please take this requirement seriously.

We are all (for the most part) wearing masks indoors and in crowded outdoor spaces. Some cities require masks outdoors in all situations. Most do not.
It’s also a $500/day fine. A two week visit could cost you $7,000. Unlikely but that’s the Massachusetts policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2020, 09:54 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
https://www.mass.gov/guidance/guidan...-massachusetts

You will need to produce a negative test or quarantine for two weeks. Please take this requirement seriously.

We are all (for the most part) wearing masks indoors and in crowded outdoor spaces. Some cities require masks outdoors in all situations. Most do not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
It’s also a $500/day fine. A two week visit could cost you $7,000. Unlikely but that’s the Massachusetts policy.
WOW!!! Good thing I happened to ask my question!!! I would have been in one mellofahess if I had just flown and landed! Boy, did I have plenty to say in two posts I posted. Left my email address too. They are supposed to get back to me.

I also called my doctor's office and made arrangements for a Covid test next week before I leave. Hope I can get rapid results from it.

What a pita this trip is turning out to be.

Anywho, thanks for the info guys! It has turned out to be a life-saver!

Old 10-01-2020, 10:34 AM

1,362 posts, read 872,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
WOW!!! Good thing I happened to ask my question!!! I would have been in one mellofahess if I had just flown and landed! Boy, did I have plenty to say in two posts I posted. Left my email address too. They are supposed to get back to me.

I also called my doctor's office and made arrangements for a Covid test next week before I leave. Hope I can get rapid results from it.

Good luck getting your test results turned around quickly. There are quick care facilities here, of course, that can do them as well if it doesn't come through in time. Thanks for being responsible.

Old 10-01-2020, 10:47 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:

It's actually pretty upsetting that you could get a test before you hop on a plane, potentially picking it up there. Double check to make sure that counts.

Either way, you should also be tested here.

Old 10-01-2020, 11:33 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Most people wear masks when walking outside in Boston and other crowded, pedestrian cities here because socially distancing is general not possible when sharing a sidewalk. Non-mask compliers are the exception here.

I'm not sure if you're coming just to be a tourist or for another reason, but you probably should double check everything you were planning to do for restrictions/closures. It's not back to normal here by a longshot.

Old 10-01-2020, 11:40 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,317,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Most people wear masks when walking outside in Boston and other crowded, pedestrian cities here because socially distancing is general not possible when sharing a sidewalk. Non-mask compliers are the exception here.

I'm not sure if you're coming just to be a tourist or for another reason, but you probably should double check everything you were planning to do for restrictions/closures. It's not back to normal here by a longshot.
Most locals/residents wear masks when walking outside in Boston. I can pretty quickly spot the tourists and out-of-towners on Newbury, Boylston, or around the Common in a hurry -- they're the ones who don't wear masks.

The one exception to this rule is BTD employees. Seriously, I can't count how many BTD staff I've seen who either do the sagging mask with nose out or just don't bother with a mask at all, while on the job no less. BPD wears masks, the sanitation crews who pick up trash usually wear masks, but the BTD just can't be bothered.

Old 10-01-2020, 11:44 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Yes, there is definitely a correlation between carrying a Mike's pastry box and being maskless! I've noticed that too. So rude.

Old 10-01-2020, 11:46 AM

9,873 posts, read 7,195,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Everything is handled the same (quarantines, hospitalizations, contact tracing, etc) and the state gets all of the info from the labs. It's just that the colleges aren't required to disclose that the cases came from their school. Again, the lone exception that I'm aware of is in NY and it only applies to colleges that have had 100+ cases during a two week period.
I googled a number Boston area schools using "school name covid dashboard" and got a result. The info is there. You can choose to believe it or not.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:34 PM

12,818 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
Most locals/residents wear masks when walking outside in Boston. I can pretty quickly spot the tourists and out-of-towners on Newbury, Boylston, or around the Common in a hurry -- they're the ones who don't wear masks.
Yep, this has been my experience as well. Second to walking 4 abreast on a narrow sidewalk gawking upwards, the lack of masks has quickly become a telltale sign of tourists.

Old 10-01-2020, 02:52 PM

6,804 posts, read 6,025,708 times
Quote:

Too bad you already had your tickets booked! An easy workaround would have been to fly into Manchester and drive south, as I don’t think NH has quarantine requirements and there’d be no way for MA to track you probably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts