Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2020, 08:01 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,081,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Unreal, you actually think anybody "wants" to shut down your business??? Even Charlie Baker (who I happen to despise of), does not WANT businesses to be harmed by this. You seriously are acting like a child.
I’m acting like a child because I want people to continue making a living? Because I think these restrictions and dates associated with them are arbitrary and meaningless? It’s a show for people like you, Baker is literally crippling thousands of people across the state to make selfish people like you happy.

I wear my mask, I keep my distance, I don’t eat inside restaurants, My shopping has been to a minimum and mostly online. My riskiest behavior is bringing my kid to hockey. But there are millions of people in this state who know the risks and want to do all those things. I don’t think any government should be restricting those people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 08:17 AM

17,116 posts, read 8,771,106 times
Why Shouldn't a Baby or Toddler Wear a Mask?

Babies and toddlers under 2 years old shouldn't wear a mask because:
  • They have smaller airways, so breathing through a mask is harder for them.
  • If it's hard for them to breathe and they can't tell anyone or take the mask off by themselves, they could suffocate.
  • Some homemade masks might have pieces that a baby could choke on, such as strings or elastic bands.
  • They will likely try to remove the mask, causing them to touch their face a lot. This can increase their risk of catching and spreading the virus.
Source: https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/co...oung-kids.html

Old 12-24-2020, 08:20 AM

15,593 posts, read 7,609,768 times
I know. But are they incapable of spreading covid if they have it ? No.

Old 12-24-2020, 08:47 AM

msRB311, it's a safety issue.

Old 12-24-2020, 08:50 AM

15,593 posts, read 7,609,768 times
It's a safety issue if they spread covid too.

Old 12-24-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
msRB311, it's a safety issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
It's a safety issue if they spread covid too.
One outweighs the other.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:13 AM

15,683 posts, read 20,181,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Interesting. What kind of restrictions were restaurants operating under in NY? Percent of capacity? Bars open?

Not sure. Trying to find a more detailed breakdown but I can’t.

Anecdotally, my sis is a ICU nurse directly treating covid patients. She tells me the brunt of the people in there got it from other family members.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:23 AM

23,067 posts, read 18,206,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by western mass and love it View Post
I’m acting like a child because I want people to continue making a living? Because I think these restrictions and dates associated with them are arbitrary and meaningless? It’s a show for people like you, Baker is literally crippling thousands of people across the state to make selfish people like you happy.

I wear my mask, I keep my distance, I don’t eat inside restaurants, My shopping has been to a minimum and mostly online. My riskiest behavior is bringing my kid to hockey. But there are millions of people in this state who know the risks and want to do all those things. I don’t think any government should be restricting those people.

It's childish because any half informed person realizes that these leaders are caught between a rock and a hard place and in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type situation. Most of them are trying to walk the fine line between heeding the experts' advice and not destroying livelihoods and the economy. Any decision made, is going to hurt some. The key is hurting the least amount feasible, and deal with the push back and uproar. Anybody with the ludicrous idea that officials "enjoy" closing businesses, has clearly never been in any kind of position of leadership themselves or ever been faced with making any difficult and unpopular decisions.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:40 AM

4,953 posts, read 2,541,565 times
There is no doubt in my mind that there are some officials (including many in the Congress) who clearly enjoy playing God when it comes to businesses, and their actions actual or intended, disproportionately affect smaller independent businesses. This is also very obvious from the words and deeds of the Mayor of NY who I would describe as the most antithetical example of leadership imaginable. Our biggest problem in this nation is a lack of leadership and an abundance of professional empty- suit politicians. As for Charlie Baker, he says he wants to follow evidence but many of actions don't exemplify this. If you're taking action just to please elements of the electorate that's not necessarily leadership, it's political expedience.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:49 AM

23,067 posts, read 18,206,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that there are some officials (including many in the Congress) who clearly enjoy playing God when it comes to businesses, and their actions actual or intended, disproportionately affect smaller independent businesses. This is also very obvious from the words and deeds of the Mayor of NY who I would describe as the most antithetical example of leadership imaginable. Our biggest problem in this nation is a lack of leadership and an abundance of professional empty- suit politicians. As for Charlie Baker, he says he wants to follow evidence but many of actions don't exemplify this. If you're taking action just to please elements of the electorate that's not necessarily leadership, it's political expedience.

OK then tell us what "evidence" would have us do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts