Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2020, 02:17 PM

786 posts, read 773,616 times

Advertisements

I was really sick either at the end of December maybe middle of January. I remember feeling terrible. I probably had a fever, but never checked. Coughing, runny nose, whole body felt stiff. Then 3 to 4 days later I was completely fine. There were a few other people in the office that were out for a few weeks. Older folks, but most of the people in the office got better in less than a week. I remember pretty much everyone in the office got some sort of illness.

I wonder if this was the virus, or maybe just a cold/the flu. Can't really be sure.

I am glad I picked up toilet paper last week. I got some stuff at the supermarket on Friday and I have an EveryPlate order coming Tuesday. My employer encouraged everyone to work from home starting Monday. I am lucky I have a job where I can work from home. Not everyone is in this situation.

I have been limiting my trips. I disinfected my entire house and cleaned off surfaces I touch the most. I guess we'll have to take it one day at a time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2020, 02:31 PM

7,200 posts, read 4,467,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Slugger View Post
I was really sick either at the end of December maybe middle of January.
Me too. I am suspicious because I never get a fever and I always get a sore throat. Even at the time I was thinking this is an unusually powerful cold and unusual period. I actually haven't been sick at all since 2014 so seems like this one wasn't the run of the mill.

Quote:
Yes, it can be flattened but everybody needs to do their part - including you, Arya Stark.
There is no one the world more ready to stay in the home forever. No one. I have been practicing for this my whole life. Alas, speak to my bosses who are making me go in for at least some of the week and won't pay for parking so I don't have to take commuter rail.

I took a drive to get out of the house and it was a beautiful day but I saw way too many older people walking around in sweaters. This is not the time you want to foolishly go out and catch a cold.

Old 03-15-2020, 03:11 PM

23,067 posts, read 18,206,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I took a drive to get out of the house and it was a beautiful day but I saw way too many older people walking around in sweaters. This is not the time you want to foolishly go out and catch a cold.
What's wrong with walking around if they are not coming in contact with anybody? The sun and fresh air is GOOD.

Old 03-15-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
What's wrong with walking around if they are not coming in contact with anybody? The sun and fresh air is GOOD.
Too cold to be walking around in sweaters. Great way to get walking pneumonia. Don't want to tax the health care system even more.

Old 03-15-2020, 03:42 PM

23,067 posts, read 18,206,847 times
Quote:
Great way to get walking pneumonia. Don't want to tax the health care system even more.
No you cannot "get" pneumonia from walking around in the cold. If they happen to already have pneumonia, hopefully they know better than to be out in the cold.

Old 03-15-2020, 04:04 PM

371 posts, read 372,428 times
Went to CVS today to pick up a prescription today in Greenfield. They had their regular touch screen checkout at the pharmacy that every single person has to touch with their bare fingers. I asked if they disinfect the screen and the clerk said "all our wipes are sold out so we can't."

Luckily my husband, when the news about Wuhan broke, ordered a gallon of alcohol hand cleaner from Amazon, and we have small bottles of it in the car. But jesus h. christ what a mess we are going to have if this is the norm right now.

Old 03-15-2020, 04:06 PM

371 posts, read 372,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Slugger View Post
I was really sick either at the end of December maybe middle of January. I remember feeling terrible. I probably had a fever, but never checked. Coughing, runny nose, whole body felt stiff. Then 3 to 4 days later I was completely fine. There were a few other people in the office that were out for a few weeks. Older folks, but most of the people in the office got better in less than a week. I remember pretty much everyone in the office got some sort of illness.

I wonder if this was the virus, or maybe just a cold/the flu. Can't really be sure.

I am glad I picked up toilet paper last week. I got some stuff at the supermarket on Friday and I have an EveryPlate order coming Tuesday. My employer encouraged everyone to work from home starting Monday. I am lucky I have a job where I can work from home. Not everyone is in this situation.

I have been limiting my trips. I disinfected my entire house and cleaned off surfaces I touch the most. I guess we'll have to take it one day at a time.
Corona had not come to the US at that time. Also Corona does not manifest with a runny nose. You all had the flu. Lots of people had the flu then.

Old 03-15-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombrueil View Post
Corona had not come to the US at that time. Also Corona does not manifest with a runny nose. You all had the flu. Lots of people had the flu then.
You do not know that for sure. And yes, a runny nose is a symptom of Corona though it is not one of the more common ones.

Old 03-15-2020, 04:33 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,195,841 times
Quote:
Also, just looking at the map you can see that the biggest outbreaks are costal cities with airports. NY, Boston, LA.
The Blue State Plague of 2020 (TM)

Old 03-15-2020, 05:32 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,868,020 times
Quote:
You do not know that for sure. And yes, a runny nose is a symptom of Corona though it is not one of the more common ones.
Of course we don’t know that for sure. It’s just EXTREMELY UNLIKELY.

On those same lines, I don’t know that the absolutely brutal sickness I got three years ago wasn’t COVID-19, but it’s unreasonable to believe it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts