Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 11:40 AM

17,115 posts, read 8,771,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Small sample size, but...

Covid-19 causes sudden strokes in young adults, doctors say

"The new coronavirus appears to be causing sudden strokes in adults in their 30s and 40s who are not otherwise terribly ill, doctors reported Wednesday."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
The problem with this story is that it isn't factually correct. The death rate for people under 50 is excessively low. They are running with this new blood clot story to inspire fear but it isn't been borne out in over 30 days of infection.

It is factually correct. It's just a small sample size (as I had said). Also, keep in mind it's possible that this has been happening but wasn't attributed to the virus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 11:51 AM

3,117 posts, read 1,387,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Dude.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/philadelph...ry?id=70104383

"A Septa bus driver requested that an unruly passenger leave the bus several times, and the passenger repeatedly refused," the Philadelphia Police Department said in a statement. "PPD Officers arrived on location, and after being made aware of the driver's request, also ordered the male to leave the bus several times. The male again refused, at which point he was physically removed by the officers."

they said he was unruly because he was not wearing a mask. there probably would not have been any problems if they did not have a policy that everyone should wear a mask. so if he did get unruly it was caused by the policy of not being able to ride without a mask. someone probably told him you cant ride the bus without mask and he told them off. so in any case I AM on the passengers side he only got unruly because of the policy.

they changed the policy because of him now they no longer will require face masks. good for him!

Old 04-24-2020, 12:09 PM

23,067 posts, read 18,206,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
they said he was unruly because he was not wearing a mask. there probably would not have been any problems if they did not have a policy that everyone should wear a mask. so if he did get unruly it was caused by the policy of not being able to ride without a mask. someone probably told him you cant ride the bus without mask and he told them off. so in any case I AM on the passengers side he only got unruly because of the policy.
Unruly is unruly. The transit authority set a policy for protection of the driver as well as fellow passengers. He made the decision to disregard the safety of others and not comply, and rather than cooperate with the driver who already has a dangerous and thankless enough job as it is, acted like a complete knucklehead. I HOPE the cops at least left him with a few scratches and bruises. He's luck fellow passengers didn't give him a pounding, I can't say I wouldn't have.

Quote:
they changed the policy because of him now they no longer will require face masks. good for him!
Yay! Now the drivers and passengers must risk their lives because of the actions of a grown child who doesn't like to follow the rules set for his own and everyone else's protection. Go him!!!

Old 04-24-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Unruly is unruly. The transit authority set a policy for protection of the driver as well as fellow passengers. He made the decision to disregard the safety of others and not comply, and rather than cooperate with the driver who already has a dangerous and thankless enough job as it is, acted like a complete knucklehead. I HOPE the cops at least left him with a few scratches and bruises. He's luck fellow passengers didn't give him a pounding, I can't say I wouldn't have.

Yay! Now the drivers and passengers must risk their lives because of the actions of a grown child who doesn't like to follow the rules set for his own and everyone else's protection. Go him!!!
why Not give him a mask then? it would have prevented the scene. there is a group of people who can not wear a mask and its a person who has a type of claustrophobia. I know someone who was in the navy and they made him wear a scarf over his face. He would gag and get anxiety with just a scarf over his face. the doctor in the navy gave him a exception that he did not have to wear the scarf. he was almost let go from the navy because they require people to wear a gas mask. The type of claustrophobia he had would make him vomit. He was not the only one that had this problem and the navy was well aware of this psychological condition that can not be fixed.

maybe he did not have a mask? if the other people had a mask then they where safe. I do not buy that the united states cant make masks for everyone we are a first world country.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:48 PM

875 posts, read 653,848 times
Quote:
I do not buy that the united states cant make masks for everyone we are a first world country.
Have you been online or watched the news lately?

Old 04-24-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer2 View Post
Have you been online or watched the news lately?
I still do not buy it. I am not talking about n95 masks. we are sending masks to other countries though.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
why Not give him a mask then? it would have prevented the scene. there is a group of people who can not wear a mask and its a person who has a type of claustrophobia. I know someone who was in the navy and they made him wear a scarf over his face. He would gag and get anxiety with just a scarf over his face. the doctor in the navy gave him a exception that he did not have to wear the scarf. he was almost let go from the navy because they require people to wear a gas mask. The type of claustrophobia he had would make him vomit. He was not the only one that had this problem and the navy was well aware of this psychological condition that can not be fixed.

maybe he did not have a mask? if the other people had a mask then they where safe. I do not buy that the united states cant make masks for everyone we are a first world country.
And I'm willing to bet that had he explained such a condition (assuming he had one) like a respectable adult, it wouldn't have turned out the same way. Cussing at the driver and fighting with the police officers, is generally not the best way to solve such misunderstandings. No sympathy, even if he did have a legit reason for not wearing one which I doubt.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I still do not buy it. I am not talking about n95 masks. we are sending masks to other countries though.
They are not hard to make. You obviously have access to Youtube, plenty of very helpful videos out there.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
They are not hard to make. You obviously have access to Youtube, plenty of very helpful videos out there.

i have a mask but i dont buy it that the united states could not make one for everyone.

those t shirt masks are pretty useless . I have a surgeons mask. I wear it when going to trader joe's because that store freaks out if someone walks in without one. i wear my mask only in indoor places.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:30 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,195,841 times
Quote:
... but the drug has severe side effects that can cause you to go blind or give you serious liver damage. there is no proof that the hydrochloroquine or what ever its called works.
This is a lie, I know this from personal experience. Plaquenil, aka hydroxycycholoquine, is taken at 400-800mg/day for months and years at a time by people with autoimmune conditions. It is very well tolerated, when taken alone the only significant long term problem is a retinopathy, and it is recommended that you have a specialized eye exam yearly to monitor for the retinopathy. https://www.verywellhealth.com/plaqu...r-eyes-3421852 But the recommended course of the drug for the virus is only 3g spread out over a week, not long enough to cause a retinopathy. Sure Plaquenil might interact with some other medication one is taking, but this is true for any medication, that is what Doctors are for, to evaluate those interactions and risks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts