Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2020, 08:46 AM

875 posts, read 663,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I think it’s unfair at this point to expect everyone to go back into the world as they were before if they don’t want to. Some people who get corona will be ok. Others won’t be.
And why do you think this will be the expectation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 08:47 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
It almost seems ridiculous at this point after all the fear that’s been built up that people think life will resume as normal on 5/18.

There will be different groups is people. Some will be afraid to do much of anything until there’s a vaccine. Some will be itching to get out as soon as life opens. Some will be forced to resume life even if they don’t want to

Old 05-02-2020, 08:48 AM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer2 View Post
And why do you think this will be the expectation?
Well some folks are saying their employer is expecting them in the office as soon as the shutdown ends

Old 05-02-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
It almost seems ridiculous at this point after all the fear that’s been built up that people think life will resume as normal on 5/18.

There will be different groups is people. Some will be afraid to do much of anything until there’s a vaccine. Some will be itching to get out as soon as life opens. Some will be forced to resume life even if they don’t want to
But who is saying that life will resume as normal on 5/18?

Old 05-02-2020, 08:55 AM

Default Re

Quote:
But who is saying that life will resume as normal on 5/18?
I’m mostly referring to going back into the office. I don’t see how employers are expecting people to get on a train and commute in as usual. It sounds like many are. I’m thankful that my employer is being reasonable and allowing the work from home thing to continue.

I also wonder if social distancing will end on 5/18 if the shutdown does? Will play dates resume? Birthday parties ?

Old 05-02-2020, 09:14 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Good for you. No essential oils?
essential oils? which ones are you talking about?

Old 05-02-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I’m mostly referring to going back into the office. I don’t see how employers are expecting people to get on a train and commute in as usual. It sounds like many are. I’m thankful that my employer is being reasonable and allowing the work from home thing to continue.

I also wonder if social distancing will end on 5/18 if the shutdown does? Will play dates resume? Birthday parties ?
As I've said before, this will be a staggered and controlled return and it will not be one size fits all, and testing will likely play a key part ultimately. One thing is certain is that it will not be an 'open the gates' approach, at least not in the greater Boston area.

Every single company that I know, directly or through friends, are expecting this staggered approach and are essentially waiting for guidance followed by internal discussion.

I would bet that close to the majority of employees are in the same boat as you - working from home with kids. Clearly there needs to be child care options available before all these parents return to the workplace.

Nobody knows how this will be accomplished and everything else is hearsay/conjecture in the meantime.

Old 05-02-2020, 11:31 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Vitamin D is far more effective than a flu shot.
Wow! Really?

Old 05-02-2020, 11:51 AM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times
Quote:
As I've said before, this will be a staggered and controlled return and it will not be one size fits all, and testing will likely play a key part ultimately. One thing is certain is that it will not be an 'open the gates' approach, at least not in the greater Boston area.
I thought there might be a staggered approach, maybe only some retail stores are allowed to reopen on 5/18. But the mask order seems directly aimed at letting everything reopen then (or soon thereafter), albeit with the mask. It does make sense since it's especially important in Boston to get things back to normal ASAP. As I mentioned letting WFH get popular would be devastating to Boston long term.

Old 05-02-2020, 12:14 PM

I kind of don’t care if wfh would be devastating to Boston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts