Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 06:37 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times

Advertisements

I actually "ate out" last night. The town of Needham put out a ton of picnic tables around town so that you don't have to eat at home. My wife and I had a "date" last night on the town common at one of the picnic tables and it was such a beautiful night out that it was really even better than eating in the restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I really miss Moody's Deli in Waltham. I normally get takeout and bring sandwiches to a park on weekends this time of year, and am bummed they didn't open for takeout (even though I understand).
I love Moody's Deli and the Backroom is wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 07:02 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Sushi. I haven't had any since Feb. I know I can still get take-out, but sushi is one of those things I want as fresh as possible.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:18 AM

875 posts, read 662,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Are there any dining experiences that you have been missing?
Yup, home cooked meal in mom's kitchen

Old 05-27-2020, 07:27 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,317,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Are there any dining experiences that you have been missing?

I'm purposely leaving the when unanswered, because that's a screaming match for some other thread.
Most of the places I liked stayed open for takeout so I haven't felt all that deprived. I'd probably pick something like the Beehive (since it's takeout has been limited to special occasions with prix fixe meal plans), Boston Chops, or food trucks at SoWA. Lost a few to the pandemic like Stella, though.

The cape's also been surprisingly open. I'd say about half the restaurants are still doing takeout. Would love a sandwich from Nauset Grill in Orleans once it opens back up.

Old 05-27-2020, 08:27 AM

779 posts, read 876,560 times
Just booked a trip and made a reservation at the Red Fox Bar & Grille in NH--it's my kids favorite restaurant. When making the reservation I asked the guy if people up there were excited about eating in a restaurant again. He said nobody cares about the food, they all just want a mixed drink, haha.

Old 05-27-2020, 08:59 AM

787 posts, read 780,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Sushi. I haven't had any since Feb. I know I can still get take-out, but sushi is one of those things I want as fresh as possible.
Yes! Sushi is my favorite. I am craving some dim sum too.

I got some take out Pad Thai at one of my favorite places by me. They gave me two meals worth.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:12 AM

779 posts, read 876,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I actually "ate out" last night. The town of Needham put out a ton of picnic tables around town so that you don't have to eat at home. My wife and I had a "date" last night on the town common at one of the picnic tables and it was such a beautiful night out that it was really even better than eating in the restaurant.
I love this! My husband and I do date night on Saturdays and for the past couple of months we've been able to grab dinner, then drive to a beach for a nice view while we eat in the car. Now that the weather it would be nice to start eating outdoors!

Old 05-27-2020, 10:18 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,282,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Me too. I have been craving sushi.

I miss meandering into a local coffee spots on a nice day too.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:25 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Are any dim sum places offering takeout?

One of my monthly rituals is going to a dim sum place in Lowell, often meeting with friends who similarly don't want to deal with getting into Chinatown from the burbs, and then taking leftovers to my grandmother's. They're doing takeout, but it seems like they're just selling frozen stuff rather than making fresh.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:18 AM

307 posts, read 164,059 times
This question actually had me stumped because I haven't missed anything. Homemade ice cream place would probably be my choice but many are walk up windows so it is just like pick up anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts