Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 08:22 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,022,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I know this will spark a predictable debate, but no serious coffee aficionado would consider DD to be a purveyor of anything but warm brown water known to hook New Englanders for life, for some odd reason. Head to Peets or Jaho or Pavement for the real stuff.
Peets is the WORST in my opinion. I'd rather drink that warm dishwater they serve at Dunks. I'd much rather go to a local place or Cafe Nero or something of that ilk. I refuse to drink Peet's and Starbuck's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
DD hot coffee has been garbage for years now, although for the longest time I would still go there for their iced coffee as that still beat other places around. But as of late, it seems even that's gone down the drain even the cold brewed which was previously an occasional treat.
I love Dunk's iced coffee. I can't put my finger on why as I hate their hot coffee. As others have said, the quality is not as uniform as it used to be. I got an iced coffee at the Dunks on RT1 in Westwood just off of RT128 near Legacy Place (the Dunks next to Mary Lou's not the one next to BB&B) and it tasted AWFUL. The coffee literally tasted burnt and I threw it out because it was so bad. Last weekend I got an iced coffee at the Dunks in Mashpee Commons and it was great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2020, 03:43 AM

636 posts, read 705,921 times
"Gevalia Colombia Ground Coffee"

The hardest legal or illegal drug i use is coffee.
That and i drink my coffee black so it has the be the best without the sugar or dairy to mask the true taste.
"Gevalia Colombia Ground Coffee" is the best of all coffees

Old 06-25-2020, 06:22 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,449,561 times
Dunkin was never the best of anything, tbh.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:59 AM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Dunkin was never the best of anything, tbh.
That's relative. In a typical town where the choice is Dunkin, McDonald's, Cumbies, or maybe a Honey Dew or MAAYBE a Starbuck's...yeah in the past I would have said DD iced coffee is the best. That might be not so clear anymore though.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:13 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,769,635 times
That's what happens when a neighborhood shop becomes a mega international profit making corporation. Cut out ingredients, raise prices, and add fancy titles to the drinks when they're less enjoyable than they used to be. Oh yeah, market with a catchy slogan like "Everyone Runs on Dunkin" and the whole nation gets brainwashed into thinking it is something good. Global consumerism at its best (worst).

Old 06-25-2020, 07:15 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
I find the consistency to be terrible. I will purposely drive by one that is nearby to head to one that makes "better" coffee.

With that said, DD is the only coffee i drink. I don't even make my own.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:16 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,097,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
Peets is the WORST in my opinion. I'd rather drink that warm dishwater they serve at Dunks. I'd much rather go to a local place or Cafe Nero or something of that ilk. I refuse to drink Peet's and Starbuck's.

This is where the dividing line often is. Peets and Starbucks feature true dark roast. Generations who have grown up drinking light & medium roast for decades in America (yes...this is diner coffee, including DD) find dark roast to be "burnt". You go to Europe, and it's nothing but dark roast (because that's what's needed for espresso style coffee). Same thing with South India...dark roast with chicory thrown in. My European colleagues who visit here find Sbux to at least come close to what they get back home.

Honestly I cannot stomach anything other than dark roast. To each their own.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:20 AM

221 posts, read 243,268 times
i moved up here from texas 3 years ago and DD was always god-awful. everyone up here always said to go there and try it again so we did when we were up here. it was even worse then the one i remember back home in Texas. DD coffee is absolutely disgusting, the places are always filthy, the food is worse then typical microwave meals. honesly i dont know how anyone can spend money at this place.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:30 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,449,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
That's relative. In a typical town where the choice is Dunkin, McDonald's, Cumbies, or maybe a Honey Dew or MAAYBE a Starbuck's...yeah in the past I would have said DD iced coffee is the best. That might be not so clear anymore though.
For the record, I still drink dunkin iced coffee quite frequently!

Old 06-25-2020, 07:31 AM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times
Black Coffee Matters.

Tongue firmly in cheek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts