Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 05:20 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,412 times

Advertisements

I’m not a doctor but somehow I don’t think that’s healthy wearing a mask for 6 hours straight. Am I wrong.

Quote:

Students in the second grade and up -- as well as adults -- will need to wear masks, maintain social distance and likely eat in their classrooms
https://www.nbcboston.com/news/coron...eased/2148817/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 06:08 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I’m not a doctor but somehow I don’t think that’s healthy wearing a mask for 6 hours straight. Am I wrong.

Narrator: "Despite the lofty self appraisals, he was proven wrong ... again."

Old 06-30-2020, 06:53 AM

15,863 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Yup, you're wrong.

Wrong forum, OP. Maybe try this in the Arizona forum. They're doing so well without masks.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:58 AM

4,629 posts, read 4,896,472 times
Quote:
Maybe you should ask a doctor. Many have worn masks 8 hours straight for years.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:34 AM

1,025 posts, read 1,529,669 times
This attitude is why we won’t be able to travel to Europe, since so many in the USA refuse to embrace maturity, respect science and data, stop politicizing a disease that has killed 128,000 of its citizens, and undergo a minor inconvenience by wearing a mask. Fascinating to watch the US go from the envy of the world to an object of ridicule and pity unnecessarily ravaged by a virus and led by propaganda.

I acknowledge it seems hard to expect kids to wear masks all day, but they need some normalcy and social interaction so it’s a balancing act. However, not requiring students to wear masks puts elder members of multigenerational households and immunocompromised family members that some kids go home to at risk. The kids probably won’t get sick, but could well carry it around to those at high risk.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:52 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,770,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCMA View Post
This attitude is why we won’t be able to travel to Europe, since so many in the USA refuse to embrace maturity, respect science and data, stop politicizing a disease that has killed 128,000 of its citizens, and undergo a minor inconvenience by wearing a mask. Fascinating to watch the US go from the envy of the world to an object of ridicule and pity unnecessarily ravaged by a virus and led by propaganda.

I acknowledge it seems hard to expect kids to wear masks all day, but they need some normalcy and social interaction so it’s a balancing act. However, not requiring students to wear masks puts elder members of multigenerational households and immunocompromised family members that some kids go home to at risk. The kids probably won’t get sick, but could well carry it around to those at high risk.

I swear there's likely a high correlation between Americans who don't wear masks and Americans who don't own passports and have no desire for foreign travel.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:54 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,770,752 times
Quote:

Students in Hong Kong for sure wear masks all day long and HK is a lot hotter and humid than here in New England. I'm sure it can be done. Americans just aren't used to it that's all.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:11 PM

12,432 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCMA View Post

I continue to read these articles about right-wingers who are adamant and vocal that Covid-19 is a hoax, a conspiracy, or at least a minor threat that's been greatly exaggerated. Then they get sick. All of a sudden, they "discover" that it's not a hoax. And this is after literally thousands of news stories over months of worldwide pandemic, and over 125,000 Americans dead. And millions of Americans, literally, think it's just made up! They willfully ignore any information that contradicts the narrative from the President and most of the personalities at Fox.

Sometimes it's a pastor who claims it's all fake and half his congregation get sick... in this case it's a couple and the wife is still in the ICU. Guy now says he wants to warn people that it's real. But if these people didn't believe the thousands of other reports on it, why would they listen to this guy? I imagine by their reckoning, he is now proven to be part of the conspiracy, because he says Covid-19 is dangerous. It is so frustrating, because there is no way to overcome this refusal to listen. It's not that they don't know - they've heard it all a thousand times, they just refuse to believe it.
"Man who called coronavirus ‘fake crisis’ gets infected, issues warning"
https://nypost.com/2020/05/18/florid...gets-infected/

Old 06-30-2020, 06:55 PM

6,808 posts, read 6,045,258 times
Quote:
Am I wrong.
Yes

Old 07-01-2020, 04:02 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,412 times
Quote:

I continue to read these articles about right-wingers who are adamant and vocal that Covid-19 is a hoax, a conspiracy, or at least a minor threat that's been greatly exaggerated. Then they get sick. All of a sudden, they "discover" that it's not a hoax. And this is after literally thousands of news stories over months of worldwide pandemic, and over 125,000 Americans dead. And millions of Americans, literally, think it's just made up! They willfully ignore any information that contradicts the narrative from the President and most of the personalities at Fox.

Sometimes it's a pastor who claims it's all fake and half his congregation get sick... in this case it's a couple and the wife is still in the ICU. Guy now says he wants to warn people that it's real. But if these people didn't believe the thousands of other reports on it, why would they listen to this guy? I imagine by their reckoning, he is now proven to be part of the conspiracy, because he says Covid-19 is dangerous. It is so frustrating, because there is no way to overcome this refusal to listen. It's not that they don't know - they've heard it all a thousand times, they just refuse to believe it.
"Man who called coronavirus ‘fake crisis’ gets infected, issues warning"
Really.. back in March of 2010 when Obama was President, the U.S. centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated then that about 60 million Americans had contracted the H1N1 virus. Did our leaders shut down the economy or mandate that we all wear masks “NO” the panic level was: total chill!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts