Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 02:35 PM

113 posts, read 77,263 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody! The search continues and this one in Franklin just came on the market. Any thoughts? Looks like it has been well maintained over the years. Has anybody ever heard of a "front-to-back" split entry before? This is a new term for me. The layout of the home looks a tad funky - main level has kitchen and living room, I guess the kitchen is eat-in. No bathroom on the main level (I don't know where it would go anyway). Upstairs has bedrooms and full bath. Basement is finished and has laundry and a half bath. It feels like from the pictures that the house layout is kind of sliced down the middle, one half is the main level, other half is the upper level. Seems a little strange.

Anyone? Bueller? We do plan to go look at it. Would love your input!

8 Southgate Road, Franklin

https://www.redfin.com/MA/Franklin/8.../home/11477562
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2020, 02:43 PM

23,556 posts, read 18,651,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieCFan View Post
Hello everybody! The search continues and this one in Franklin just came on the market. Any thoughts? Looks like it has been well maintained over the years. Has anybody ever heard of a "front-to-back" split entry before? This is a new term for me. The layout of the home looks a tad funky - main level has kitchen and living room, I guess the kitchen is eat-in. No bathroom on the main level (I don't know where it would go anyway). Upstairs has bedrooms and full bath. Basement is finished and has laundry and a half bath. It feels like from the pictures that the house layout is kind of sliced down the middle, one half is the main level, other half is the upper level. Seems a little strange.

Anyone? Bueller? We do plan to go look at it. Would love your input!

8 Southgate Road, Franklin

https://www.redfin.com/MA/Franklin/8.../home/11477562
I don't know but looks pretty nice to me! Under 400K in Franklin. Nice area not near the highway or anything. That will likely go VERY quick unless I'm missing something.

Old 07-03-2020, 02:44 PM

10,006 posts, read 15,643,440 times
No garage?

Old 07-03-2020, 02:52 PM

No garage. A nice-to-have but certainly not a need-to-have for us. 1.5 bathrooms, but maybe that downstairs one could accept a standup shower or something.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:06 PM

10,006 posts, read 15,643,440 times
Nice porch, but that’s a very small house.

Old 07-03-2020, 05:12 PM

307 posts, read 164,008 times
It looks very nice! Is it just you and your wife? If so, it is plenty of space.

Old 07-03-2020, 06:56 PM

17,668 posts, read 9,148,339 times
The house looks nice to me. It is on a main road, though. Double lines. And there's an ugly fluorescent green house across the street. But the nearby side streets look good.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:48 PM

Yes redplum, I know! That house across the street is hideous and that kind of stuff matters to me. It is on a main road, off of another main road. The double lines turn single about a thousand feet up the street and it becomes more of a quiet meandering road. But yes, both of those things are negatives.

No kids, just two dogs. It's definitely a small house especially when you consider that the sq footage includes about 400 in the finished basement.

Old 07-04-2020, 03:46 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,717,749 times
Great porch, no garage, not enough bathrooms nor style of but an affordable price.

Old 07-04-2020, 05:55 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,718,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieCFan View Post
Yes redplum, I know! That house across the street is hideous and that kind of stuff matters to me. It is on a main road, off of another main road. The double lines turn single about a thousand feet up the street and it becomes more of a quiet meandering road. But yes, both of those things are negatives.

No kids, just two dogs. It's definitely a small house especially when you consider that the sq footage includes about 400 in the finished basement.
That square footage probably also includes the 225 in the sunroom. It's a tad small, but if it's just the two of you with no kids, it's fine. It does look nice. You might be able to add a garage at some point if you wanted to. Seems to me it's worth a look if it otherwise meets your parameters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts