Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2006, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 7,024 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the Natick public school system, specifically Memorial Elementary, Kennedy Middle and Natick High??
We are considering a move to South Natick in the summer but need to "get the skinny" on the schools there. We have seen the numbers on different websites like greatschools.net, boston.com etc. Memorial elementary got a 10, Kennedy an 8, and natick high a 9. There's a lot more to a school than mcas scores, obviously.....so can anyone give us a window into this area and these schools?? Would you feel comfortable raising kids in this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2006, 06:32 AM

1,810 posts, read 10,487,245 times
Dont know anything about those schools.

South Natick is a beautiful area bordering Dover, Wellesley.

Again, the scores are so students dependent. It is pretty obvious that the best part of town has great student and great scores (10) in the elementary schools. Then in Middle and high school, you mixed in the not as well off students. The scores of the school are lower.

I suggest taking a visit to the school and see if you like it. Check on the HS to see how many AP classes they offer and how they select students to be in the class. See what else do they offer .. Music, Art, ... etc. Curriculum wise, everyone is following MA guidelines. Also, see how often the town overrides. This gives you an idea how much people in town supports/value education.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 6,983 times
Hello,

Just to preface this note, I found this site as I was going into the Kennedy School web-site to e-mail the music teacher, Mr. Griffin. My 5th grade daughter was in the 5th grade play last week and honestly it would make it on Broadway. I sent him an e-mail thanking him for his devotion and passion as a public school teacher. You wouldn't have believed the show!! I have two daughters who both attended Memorial School, and are now at Kennedy. We all loved Memorial!!! It is a wonderful school with a huge parental support in terms of volunteer efforts and financial contibutions. I'm sure you would be very happy with it. The Kennedy School has a new principle who seems to be very in control of the school. The middle schools in Natick seem to be the weakest link but are improving by the day. The Natick High School has a great reputation and offers many A/P classes as well as a tremendous music program and our sports are to legendary!!! I would be happy to discuss further if you like, I think our schools rival any out there and the town of Natick itself is terrific. I came here from Newton and wouldn't go back if I had $10,000,000.00. It is friendly and very family oriented. The Natick Rec Department offers an extensive program of activities for children and adults. We also have the Natick Center for the Arts, which has world class music performances and a variety of programs for children involving the arts. Feel free to call me at 508-561-0521 if you want or need more information, I would be happy to talk to you about the town. My name is Beth Byrne. Good luck with your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts