Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2021, 09:01 AM

5 posts, read 26,149 times

Advertisements

Can anyone shed any light on the moisture problems that are being discussed and planning to be dealt with in the Winslowe's View neighborhood in the Pinehills in Plymouth? We have been looking to move to the Pinehills in our retirement and are concerned about HOA fees increasing. We were provided a letter from the Board of Trustee's about "Response of the Finance Panel to a Question about HOA Fees". I was wondering if anyone on here knows more or can provide more background on this.

Thanks,
Charlie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2021, 12:45 PM

169 posts, read 182,297 times
you may get answers if you go on Facebook and join some of the Plymouth MA community groups. Those groups will have people who live in Pinehills and might be better able to speak to the issue.

Old 03-08-2021, 10:46 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,016,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadschum View Post
you may get answers if you go on Facebook and join some of the Plymouth MA community groups. Those groups will have people who live in Pinehills and might be better able to speak to the issue.
Pinehills is so big that there might actually be a Facebook group just for that area of Plymouth. There might even be a group just for this condo association. You never know.

Old 03-09-2021, 03:17 PM

Thanks. I got the name of someone at the Winslowe's View HOA's management company that I'll call.

Old 03-09-2021, 05:51 PM

169 posts, read 182,297 times
Great! I would be interested in having you report back. WV at Pinehills is on my future list of landing spots in the next few years. I have been watching home listings at both Pinehills and Redbrook along with the Greater Plymouth area for awhile now so I am interested in your findings or any other impressions of Pinehills or other locations in that area you are exploring. Thank you/

Old 04-05-2021, 07:32 AM

I spoke with the HOA management company. They will not, as a matter of policy, talk to buyers. I understand this, but it is frustrating when the realtor claims to not know any details (plausible deniability) but the people with the details won't talk to you. It's hard to do due diligence when they won't tell you anything.

The details that I do know is that the issue has only been detected in 25 of the 550 units, which by itself is not a big deal. But I also know that people are talking about a much bigger, systemic issue.

We are still looking at other neighborhoods in the Pinehills, as well as Redbrook and the Cape.

Old 05-05-2021, 07:00 AM

As I have continued looking at homes in WV, I received some documents that have been provided to all current owners that outline the issue in some detail. I don't feel comfortable sharing these directly, but would recommend requesting them if you are looking at homes in the Pinehills.

My opinion based on reviewing these documents:
1. This is not uniquely a Winslowe's View problem.
2. The issue is being dealt with in WV thoughtfully and with the homeowner's interests in mind.

Charlie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts