Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 06:54 PM

3,971 posts, read 5,764,113 times

Advertisements

I suggest also looking at Andover itself if you cannot find anything in North Reading. Andover is an excellent affluent community to invest in and raise a family. Perhaps even look into Lynnfield as another option. Our metropolitan region is very high in demand right now and you will likely have to compete everywhere with other bidders who also have much wealth so hang in there and be patient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 09:24 PM

3,686 posts, read 7,423,982 times
No town sewer and very limited access to natural gas in North Reading. Same is true for neighboring Lynnfield and Middleton. Even large parts of Andover do not have natural gas or town sewer.

Since you seem to be committed to private school, why not also consider Wilmington and Tewksbury? With a budget up to $3 million, you should be able to meet your requirements in the area, you may just need to wait a bit longer until the right house comes along.

There is new construction in Lynnfield that may be of interest: https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M92131-07132

Old 10-04-2021, 01:50 AM

25 posts, read 26,029 times
I am dead set on keeping the commute to school around 10 min - Wilmington, Tewksbury and Lynnfield would be too far from the school. I'd compromise on the utilities rather than compromise on commute (actually we already are compromising on my husband's commute - until now we lived 10 min from his office, we pushed that to 30 which would probably mean 45 once everybody goes back to work , I assume the traffic now is lighter than in pre-pandemic times...).

Old 10-04-2021, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
I suggest also looking at Andover itself if you cannot find anything in North Reading. Andover is an excellent affluent community to invest in and raise a family. Perhaps even look into Lynnfield as another option. Our metropolitan region is very high in demand right now and you will likely have to compete everywhere with other bidders who also have much wealth so hang in there and be patient.
Andover is our target-town - but since July the supply of housing meeting our requirements has been inexistent. Nothing, absolutely nothing. We usually update our houses before moving so I'd prefer to buy in fall so I have time to get permits and do whatever work is needed and move in next summer when the school year is over...(as for patience, it's easier to be patient when you're locally and upgrading or reducing commute ; we really need a roof over our heads come summer so we need to buy something....that's why I consider buying in North Reading, even if it might be temporary for 2-3 yrs, so I can look patiently in Andover...)

Old 10-04-2021, 07:28 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,478,579 times
One negative about NR is that depending on where you are located, there is no easy access to the highway. The western side is closer to I-93 but if you are towards the eastern side you are looking at at least 15-20 mins just to get to the major highways.

Old 10-04-2021, 08:11 AM

19 posts, read 20,395 times
Can you tell us what doesn't work about this type of property? https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M46392-36887

Old 10-04-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Country View Post
Can you tell us what doesn't work about this type of property? https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M46392-36887
It has a large lot but basically no backyard, the lot is along the street . We want to build a pool , large firepit etc and use our backyard for entertaining (and large playdates) , having my backyard along the sidewalk is not exactly working well for us . The lot is drawn in an unfortunate way - and the house is positioned on the lot even more so. (otherwise, this house and street would have been perfect...).

Old 10-04-2021, 10:08 AM

169 posts, read 182,235 times
what about this one? What is the problem with this one?

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M36591-37863

Old 10-04-2021, 10:32 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,478,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadschum View Post
what about this one? What is the problem with this one?

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M36591-37863

While i'm sure there would be no issue being abutted right up to Phillips Academy's athletic fields, myself would rather have a bit more distance.

Old 10-04-2021, 11:32 AM

15,950 posts, read 7,012,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
One negative about NR is that depending on where you are located, there is no easy access to the highway. The western side is closer to I-93 but if you are towards the eastern side you are looking at at least 15-20 mins just to get to the major highways.
But that is true regardless of where you live. 15 mts is not too long to get to the expressway. If you live any closer you will hear it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts