Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 11:46 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy11 View Post
I grew up in the Merrimack Valley and have always perceived Lynnfield as far more prestigious than Burlington, Wakefield, Wilmington, and Reading. It’s a very posh town and people there definitely have old and new money. My cousin lives there and loves it. Great school system, educated people, close to shopping, restaurants, route 1, 95/128, and Boston.
I was born in Waltham and I have lived around the country in upscale towns. Relocated back to MA and lived in Andover before retiring to SC. My point is, I agree with this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2021, 11:52 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,749,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy11 View Post
I grew up in the Merrimack Valley and have always perceived Lynnfield as far more prestigious than Burlington, Wakefield, Wilmington, and Reading. It’s a very posh town and people there definitely have old and new money. My cousin lives there and loves it. Great school system, educated people, close to shopping, restaurants, route 1, 95/128, and Boston.
I can understand what you said.
However, I decided to buy a house in Burlington. First of all my office is in Burlington so I can save some commute. Secondly, I'm an Asian immigrant myself, so a traditionally upper middle class town with 95% white population may not be the best fit for me. Just my thoughts.

Old 10-18-2021, 12:49 AM

531 posts, read 424,384 times
Bettafish,
If you work in Burlington, you absolutely made the right choice! Not having to get on 128 at all would be huge for me. I see so many great jobs listed along the 128 belt, but I DREAD the thought of going there because of the commute from where I live on the north shore. I once worked in Lexington and it took me 1.5 - 2 hours each way. Sometimes traveling up 3 exits could take 25 minutes. Burlington is a great spot. You have restaurants, shopping, and easy access to basically everywhere. You made an excellent choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts