Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2021, 10:44 AM

7 posts, read 11,545 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

Looking to buy a house and move to Franklin, MA and have few questions.

1. What areas in Franklin has Asian indian community for e.g. how about Vine St?

2. How are Midddle and High School compare to Westborough. Do they have AP's there in science subjects?

3. Have seens properties getting listed in Franklin and taking good 60+ days before a deal is struck, what is the reason for this. Is it not a good place to buy house (Not Condo) or people like to move to other places?
I have been folowing property market for past 4-5 months and 80% of Franklin properties are taking good 2 months while other good school districts are moving in days. Any specific reason here?

Thank you , it will be really helpful if i get some quick replies from the people living here or know this place and with my last question thats only my observation and some doubt which i want to clear before moving.

Thanks,
Shalabh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2021, 12:53 PM

10,012 posts, read 15,656,467 times
Vine Street in Franklin is close to Sheldonville. That area is somewhat rural. I doubt there's an Indian community there.

Here's a link to the school profile:

https://www.franklinps.net/sites/g/f..._2021-22_r.pdf

There are plenty of AP classes, including science.

By the way, that school is only a few years old and really nice.

Old 12-10-2021, 01:13 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,656,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartshalabh View Post
Hello All,

Looking to buy a house and move to Franklin, MA and have few questions.

1. What areas in Franklin has Asian indian community for e.g. how about Vine St?

2. How are Midddle and High School compare to Westborough. Do they have AP's there in science subjects?

3. Have seens properties getting listed in Franklin and taking good 60+ days before a deal is struck, what is the reason for this. Is it not a good place to buy house (Not Condo) or people like to move to other places?
I have been folowing property market for past 4-5 months and 80% of Franklin properties are taking good 2 months while other good school districts are moving in days. Any specific reason here?

Thank you , it will be really helpful if i get some quick replies from the people living here or know this place and with my last question thats only my observation and some doubt which i want to clear before moving.

Thanks,
Shalabh
Been a while for me but I did go to Dean College . I thought Franklin was a great place. I do know they have a great reputation as a very safe town .

Old 12-11-2021, 06:33 AM

959 posts, read 535,528 times
I lived here for 20+ years, but my kid graduated from school long time ago so cannot comment.
I don’t know about Indian community, but there is Indian food store so I assume it exists now.
There is a new subdivision of townhouses in the beginning of Pond street and from time to time we see school bus stopping there with many Indian kids.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:11 AM

8,496 posts, read 4,557,552 times
There is an Indian Grocery store Patel Brothers ten miles from there on route 1 in North Attleborough across from Emerald Square Mall.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:38 PM

26 posts, read 23,787 times
I live in north attleboro and few miles from Patel Brothers. I can tell you it has alot more indians than 2005 when i moved here. Franklin has a very big indian population for some reason. I have alot of indian friends there and they seem to all buy next to each other and so have indian neighbours too.

Some of the tiny indian groceries i used are gone and patel brothers is real good. the indian food quality is also good. being from south india i would not go the northern indian food places so there are few typical madras food places now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts