Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 12:14 PM

17,713 posts, read 9,181,543 times

Advertisements

Yikes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Hxvz9atOk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2021, 05:35 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,072,667 times
That’s great but is there a full video that shows the entire sequence of events? You know, “criminal resisting arrest while hopped up on PCP violently subdued after a high-speed chase,” not “innocent black motorist beaten to death by klansmen with badges” sort of thing.

Old 11-19-2021, 07:00 AM

16,356 posts, read 8,174,665 times
The guy who did the kneeling is black so it won't be a big deal. Had it been a white cop this would be international news.

I hadn't even heard about it until I saw it here.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:06 AM

9,086 posts, read 6,311,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
That’s great but is there a full video that shows the entire sequence of events? You know, “criminal resisting arrest while hopped up on PCP violently subdued after a high-speed chase,” not “innocent black motorist beaten to death by klansmen with badges” sort of thing.
Agreed! The most important part of the overall sequence of events is missing. What prompted the officer to intervene in the first place?

Old 11-19-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Agreed! The most important part of the overall sequence of events is missing. What prompted the officer to intervene in the first place?

As stated in the video, the student physically attacked another student.

Old 11-19-2021, 09:59 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,072,667 times
TikTok outrage party generation doesn't listen, they only watch. A video showing a violent thug assaulting a student and a cop trying to break the fight prior to being taken down and restrained tells an entirely different story than a video of a cop kneeling on the back of some hapless student.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
As stated in the video, the student physically attacked another student.

Old 11-19-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
TikTok generation doesn't listen, they only watch. A video showing a violent thug assaulting a student and a cop trying to break the fight prior to being taken down and restrained tells an entirely different story than a video of a cop kneeling on the back of done hapless student.

I don't think anyone is making the student out to be some sort of saint. It's about an unnecessary action (kneeling) taken by the police officer. All of those other kids gathered around suggests to me that the student wasn't posing a threat that required that type of action.

Old 11-19-2021, 10:15 AM

2,279 posts, read 1,341,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I don't think anyone is making the student out to be some sort of saint. It's about an unnecessary action (kneeling) taken by the police officer. All of those other kids gathered around suggests to me that the student wasn't posing a threat that required that type of action.

He is kneeling on the back of the criminal, not on the neck. Also this is a few seconds video, not an 8 minutes kneeling with a guy telling you he can't breath. Really apples and oranges.

Old 11-19-2021, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post
He is kneeling on the back of the criminal, not on the neck. Also this is a few seconds video, not an 8 minutes kneeling with a guy telling you he can't breath. Really apples and oranges.
This news video may only be showing an excerpt of the actual video. I haven't seen the actual video.

Regardless, I don't think an incident like this needs to be 8 minutes for it to be considered a problem.

And I think msRB311 is spot on. The reaction would be far different if the police officer was white.

Old 11-19-2021, 10:31 AM

432 posts, read 414,681 times
The officer made the crowd mad and put himself in a vulnerable position.
Really poor police work, the crowd could have turned on him quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts