Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2008, 12:03 AM

119 posts, read 551,913 times

Advertisements

Are you a British expat living in MA? I am curious to hear of your experience here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 01:33 PM

13 posts, read 49,592 times
Hi, yes I am. I moved from the UK to Boston exactly 1 year ago next month. I'm currently living in Brookline and my work is in Southborough. When are you moving or have you already moved? I'm looking for somewhere to move to and might be looking for a flat mate if you're interested? I'm male, 31 years old.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:52 PM

43 posts, read 181,866 times
me too! I have been in the US for ten years, Boston since 2000. I really like it!

Old 05-19-2008, 06:05 PM

605 posts, read 2,380,387 times
I moved from London to Western MA 3 years ago with my job. Live in a lovely, leafy, sleepy little town but occasionally bomb up the Pike for a weekend in the city.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:04 AM

119 posts, read 551,913 times
Default Thanks!

Glad to hear you are all settling nicely. Thank you for your responses. Have you had much of a 'culture shock' since your arrival?

Old 07-28-2008, 03:02 AM

2 posts, read 7,994 times
Default Random Networking

Hi
I am from the UK and would like to work in Boston or NYC. I am a graduate with a Masters, combined with 10 years work experience in healthcare. Any advice would be much appreciated.
thanks
Naila

Old 08-30-2010, 11:37 PM

2 posts, read 6,558 times
Default boston eh'

wow amazing

well i am a bostonian well quite ex rather,
i had moved to china in 2006 where i reside now in anhui,hefei
but yea I do miss boston to tell the truth
but the heart is only aware of truth and deception
as you would be aware boston has many cultured influences from historical events specifically from the irish and the English
no matter where we people or who we are from boston and end up we will always carry the pride and justice of boston flying our flags high and speaking of our city

from southie to rozzie we be speaking of how boston came to be!

i am a few here in china my way from boston,
i had nearly forgotten about this forum and nearly forgotten my username

eh' well we talk about our the distinct boston language culture and food and lifestyle and how we love the open concerts and talk about paul revere to the to dropkick murphys! etc.

well see ya'

i shall be returning around december

and how boston baked beans are the best in the world !

Old 08-31-2010, 05:26 AM

199 posts, read 948,306 times
My husband is from the UK, near Brighton. We've gone back and forth from MA to England a few times - hence my username Wivenhoe (where Essex University is located). We recently moved back to MA after living in NYC for 5 years. We lived in Salem MA for 8 years before returning back to MA.

You'll find a lot of Brits here. There are expat shops here, including one on Route 1 going south in Peabody on the hill near the Rte 95 exchange. There are some restaurants, including a Scottish one that recently opened in Jamaica Plain - Scottish delights at the Haven in Jamaica Plain - The Boston Globe. There's also a British School of Boston - The British School of Boston

I don't know the exact numbers but I think there are thousands of Brits living here in MA. I think Brits are all other the state, not necessarily in one defined area. I think there are a number of them around Boston, Cambridge, metro west, North Shore, and South Shore. Many of the towns here in MA are based on English towns, particularly East Anglian towns, since many of the early 17th-century settlers came from that area and named them after their English town in East Anglia.

In NYC, there were over 200,000 Brits. I think most of whom seemed to live in Greenwich Village/East Village, though they are all over the NYC area. There's a whole website for them - bigapplebrits.com (I think). There are a ton of expat places in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts