Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2007, 09:41 AM

278 posts, read 1,059,756 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,
found a house I love in Dux. I think you've got to drive to Kingston to board the T? My husband would be doing the commute both ways. Any info on that community--the good, the bad, and the ugly--I wanna hear about it! Thanks again, this website is a Godsend for people out here in the fringes looking to move up that way. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all of the information I have received on various communities and aspects of New England life. Lorilou
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2007, 10:15 PM

10 posts, read 98,350 times
Duxbury's a nice up-scale town. It's got the nick-name "Deluxe-bury". I've heard that it can be snobby, but frankly it's really a cute town, right on the coast and has an excellent school system. Everybody's pretty well-to-do - which is passed down to the kids, but I guess it can be like that in any affluent community.

When my husband and I were considering a move off-Cape one of our first choices was Duxbury. We liked the schools, the quaint Cape-like New England town - especially village, and the beach. My husband grew up on the south shore and was very familiar with Duxbury. I think it's a solid choice if you can stand some possible snobs.

Yes, you would go to Kingston to catch the commuter rail. It's not far.

Good luck!

Old 02-08-2007, 08:02 AM

8 posts, read 45,981 times
I don't know how far "in" your house is but once you get to the Kingston train line, you can expect about 55 minutes on the train. I take it, it is reliable and far less stressful than trying to drive on Rt 3 and the xpressway.
Duxbury is a beautiful town. And right next door, Plymouth has alot of great restaurants-- RooBar, Strega's, to name two..... and in the summer, if you like outside bars, there are some fun ones on the waterfront and marina.

Welcome to the South Shore!!

Old 12-10-2010, 03:00 AM

116 posts, read 314,589 times
Duxbury is an excellent suburban town! It is just as nice as the Cape but more sophisticated and it's a lot closer to the city. If you wanted to get a bit closer to Boston, Hingham would be another great choice.

Old 11-04-2017, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,105 times
Duxbury has A LOT of undesireable neighborhoods despite all of the wealthy ones, the schools are good but are generally inferior to other south shore towns (cohasset, hingham, silver lake, norwell, pembroke hanover etc) it also has a huge heroin problem which is where it got its alternative nickname “Drugs-berry”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts