Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:55 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,821,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Yes, phone/GPS distraction is a good one to add to the mix. I have had to implement a personal policy of blaring the horn if the vehicle in front of me does not move when the traffic signal turns green. I have to presume the driver is looking at their phone or infotainment screen.
Be careful with that and carry pepper spray. I think I shared previously, I had a random guy who was flying, weaving in and out on the highway who happened to take same exit as me once....I had no idea he was taking same exit as he sped up ahead after he was tailgating me, I took my foot of the gas to slow down in case he hit me. Well, he was at end of ramp, no one was coming but yet he was in such a hurry a few minutes prior on the highway that he could have gone. Instead, he shuts his truck off gets out and starts walking towards my car , reaches in pocket. I thought that was it and he was pulling a gun. He pulled out a cell and started recording! This is a guy who was the one being reckless driving and b/c he was pi**ed that I didn't speed up for him when he was tailgating me minutes prior on the highway so he was going to intimidate. Ever since that incident I carry pepper spray and have a vehicle that records 360 video at the press of a button!

Different incident than yours but yes, I give a NY style honk too if someone is at a red that turns green and they don't go. Point is there are some real crazies out there so do what you can and be equipped to protect yourself within the limits of the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:09 PM

16,315 posts, read 8,140,203 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
I'm just still a little surprised it would take this long pre-Memorial Day. It wasn't like it was a Thurs or Friday summer afternoon where everyone's headed down to the Cape.
i was thinking the same thing on my drive last night...that cape traffic isn't even involved yet and it's bad enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts