Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2008, 03:57 PM

19 posts, read 104,381 times

Advertisements

just wondering. i used to live in cambridge and boston so i know most of the areas. i'm on the west coast but may be moving back for a job in tewksbury. being a city person, i'm not interested in living in tewksbury and i'm wondering how the commute is going to tewks in the am and coming back in the pm into the city? google maps indicates around 20miles/30mins i believe but i'm just wondering if that's a significant underestimate during rush hours. thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 04:58 PM

96 posts, read 454,148 times
downtown lowell can be a pretty cool place, you might want to check that out and nix the commute. that is a pretty heavy area for commutes i think.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:14 AM

6 posts, read 50,384 times
The commute won't be bad at all. 93 North in the mornings is clear for the most part, except maybe right around the 95/93 intersection. Depending which area of Tewksbury, and where in Boston you plan on living, expect 20-30 minutes probably.

Same thing going south on 93 home after work. You may hit a little more congestion as you get closer to the city, especially if you are heading into the tunnel. And especially when there are Red Sox or Celtics games.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:38 PM

18,705 posts, read 33,372,489 times
It would completely depend on where you lived in the city. If you lived, say, in Jamaica Plain or Hyde Park or somewhere, they'd have to send the bloodhounds out to find you in rush hour.
However, if you live close to the highway exits (East Cambridge? Somerville? Arlington? the commute would probably be OK. I understand not wanting to leave the city, even if working in the suburbs. I lived in Arlington, right near Rt.2, and commuted during regular business hours to Lowell. It was fine, especially since I didn't want to get to work at 8a, more like 9a. Yes, there's traffic, but none of the lined-up-stopped you see headed the other way.
Good luck- it's exciting to be coming back to the city!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts