Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2008, 05:25 PM

9 posts, read 37,496 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Boston in 2 weeks and trying to find a place to live. I have narrowed down my choices to South Boston or Quincy, particularly Parklane Seaport or Neponset Landing. Does anyone have any advice, opinions, comments on either of the places??

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 10:36 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,706,900 times
I live in Quincy and love it. For me South Boston is so crowded with no place to park.
Quincy is very convenient to everything.

Good Luck with your choice.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:43 PM

4,882 posts, read 13,756,121 times
There's more night life in "Southie," and you'd also be much closer to downtown Boston and the Back Bay than would be true in Quincy. Accordingly, if you prefer to relax at home after a typical work day you'd be better off in Quincy.
Parking in South Boston should be a non-issue, given its two Red Line subway stations on the west side of the neighborhood and the extensive bus service throughout the community. But keeping a car would be strongly recommended in Quincy, since the bus lines operate sporadically and are mainly only local. Plus, the Quincy Center "T" station has the third-highest crime rate of the entire system.
Since it sounds as though apartment complex living agrees with you, you might also want to investigate Harbor Point. It's a completely "made over" former public housing project on the South Boston-Dorchester boundary, next to a Red Line/commuter rail station and close by the JFK Library, UMass-Boston, the Bayside Expo Center, a Shaw's supermarket, and an easy stroll from several beaches.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:32 AM

32 posts, read 73,867 times
I'd live in Quincy before I'd live in Southie.
Quincy is not so crowded and has more of a home town feel yet has tons of night life and restaurants. I've lived in Quincy for many years, though I don't now.
I've always called Quincy home for all the shopping, decent rentals and restaurants.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:06 PM

2,954 posts, read 12,268,612 times
Southie Southie Southie

If you like to be in/close to the city. If you like suburbs you'd prefer Quincy. Personally I find Quincy on the boring side and wanted to chime in since you had a series of pro-Quincy replies.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:44 PM

1 posts, read 5,618 times
I guess it's too late for this to help you, but funny enough, I moved to Neponset Landing in August, and I love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts