U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2007, 07:44 AM

14 posts, read 84,182 times

Advertisements

Could someone give me some info about Sharon, MA? The schools, the feel of the town, the people,,etc...?What is the center of town like?? Thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 10:30 AM

5,835 posts, read 4,733,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeegirl View Post
Could someone give me some info about Sharon, MA? The schools, the feel of the town, the people,,etc...?What is the center of town like?? Thank you!
I stopped and had coffee at their one Starbucks a few years ago. There really isn't a "town center" from what I saw. Just a couple of old stores and a very quiet suburban town. It has one of the largest Jewish populations in the country and the schools are good, just not a lot to do outside of school and sports. It's pretty and has retained it's quaintness. Go to urbandictionary and type in Sharon,Ma. to see what the kids think.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:24 PM

40 posts, read 218,664 times
Sharon is one of Boston's bedroom community. Very quiet. Not a place for nightlife. The commuter rail goes through it (parking at the station fills up quickly). It's accessible to 95 which makes it convenient to all that Providence, RI has to offer. Boston is about 30 miles north. It all depends on what you're looking for. If you have a family to raise, I'd recommend it. If you are single and have a social life, I would look elsewhere.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 6,823 times
Previous poster is correct re single vs. family life. Sharon is overwhelmingly a place for families. No downtown to speak of--but great family activities. Has a Community Center which is very vital in the community. A little too much "political correctness" for me, but my husband grew up there and loved it. We just couldn't afford the type of house in Sharon we have in a nearby community. The commuter rail makes it nice for Boston employment. The schools are first rate, but it is because of the kids, not anything special about the teachers or school administration. Taxes are very high. A relative pays $5,000 a year for a four bedroom small ranch. But that is to be expected in a community that really does not encourage business to locate there. I do think the kids are a bit sophisticated in jr. high and seem to start the partying earlier than in my town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts