Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 02:42 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,705,098 times

Advertisements

Michael49..GORGEOUS pics, thanks for sharing.

The only thing I want to add to your trips to MA is Hurry Up.......so nice to hear people excited about coming here. We usually hear a lot of bashing.

By the way, us Boston people say "chowDAH".....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 05:59 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,161,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael49 View Post
Thanks, but no I'm no Pro, but I'm glad you liked the shot. Here's one just outside of Salem harbor that you might like...

I would love to know the technique you used for your pictures. The clarity and the lighting are so perfect catching every little detail. Care to share??

Old 08-17-2008, 06:13 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,516,822 times
Michael 49 - thanks for mentioning "Maine". That's where I have lived for the majority of my adult life after moving here from MA. After being here several years I had no desire to return to MA. It just seemed to be getting VERY crowded. The only drawback to Maine is the long winter but we have learned to adjust and it's worth it for the quality of life. And yes your photos area "great"!

Old 08-18-2008, 08:51 PM

132 posts, read 484,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
I would love to know the technique you used for your pictures. The clarity and the lighting are so perfect catching every little detail. Care to share??
Thanks; the key to that shot in particular is 2 fold - first, a long exposure was used, which makes the water look smooth (2 sec) and an ND grad filter ws used, which causes the scene to look more like your eyes do (reduces dynamic range) - your eyes see a higher range of light and dark than your camera can.

And...practice, practice, practice.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:53 PM

132 posts, read 484,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
Michael 49 - thanks for mentioning "Maine". That's where I have lived for the majority of my adult life after moving here from MA. After being here several years I had no desire to return to MA. It just seemed to be getting VERY crowded. The only drawback to Maine is the long winter but we have learned to adjust and it's worth it for the quality of life. And yes your photos area "great"!

Maine is such a wonderful state. I've always been along the coast, but my Maine shots were taken in the Western region - Rangeley Lakes area - what a beautiful place - here's one of my favorites from there...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts