Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 05:20 PM

646 posts, read 2,660,314 times

Advertisements

I envy you ,I wanted to go but work won't let me.

Hit Stockbridge ,great town and try to have dinner at the Red Lion Inn ....food is to die for also the tavern in the basement ..the Lions Den has some good entertainment.
GreyLock is closed to cars untill next year ,re-doing the road and Lodge on the top.
Take a day trip to the Yankee Candel co....in S.Deerfield off of Rt 91,go up to Williams ,play golf at Cranwell...........have fun and I wish I was you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 07:55 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,829,217 times
All of these ideas sound fabulous... sounds like we will have so much to do and leave wanted to do more! I am already making a list....

LOL... not to show my complete GIRLY needs for shopping... BUT

Any outlets near there?

Old 09-01-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
All of these ideas sound fabulous... sounds like we will have so much to do and leave wanted to do more! I am already making a list....

Any outlets near there?

Not 100% sure on this one,use to be some up on a hill by the end of the Turnpike in Lee.My wife and I were up at the Red Lion last year and did a couple of day trips....one was to the Vermont Country store,great place but a good ride ...still was worth it,have fun.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:07 PM

5 posts, read 17,117 times
Quote:

Any outlets near there?
Yes, there are outlets in Lee. Here's the website.

Prime Outlets

Old 09-01-2008, 02:33 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,503,566 times
You should check ut the Pine Cone Hill outlet in Lenox on rt 7. They have really nice sheets, quilts, home decor and housewares. I think there is also a delicious chocolate shop in the same shopping center. Very high end stuff. I could spend hours there. The Lee outlets are okay. Your usual Gap, Eddie Bauer etc. Also check out Country Curtains in basement of Red Lion Inn. It sounds a bit hokey but not so. Very nice stuff for the home and you can check out the hotel after you shop! Hang out on the big front porch people watch and have a drink!

Old 09-01-2008, 07:11 PM

746 posts, read 3,489,797 times
If you like nature, late September or early October is a good choice since the leaves will begin to turn about then. There's still a lot of performing arts activity in the area, including at Mass MoCA and three of the four major theatre companies. Berkshire Fall Arts Guide - Berkshire Fine Arts

It is too bad the road to the top of Mount Greylock is still under reconstruction, but I believe the Natural Bridge State Park in North Adams is open, and can be very interesting.

I am not a big fan of the Red Lion after a terrible meal in their main dining room this summer, I think they are living on their reputation. But if you add a trip to southern Vermont to your agenda, I highly recommend the Blue Benn Diner in Bennington - very economical and very funky. All us frugal natives just love this kind of home cooking operation.

Also, you asked about outlets, and in addition to the Lee Outlets there are even more, many more, in Manchester, VT. And the views along Route 7 in Williamstown and Vermont are unsurpassed.

The early fall is the Berkshire's second busiest season, and there are various harvest/fall celebrations. This past weekend I went to the garlic festival in Bennington, it was outstanding! Tons of free samples, well organized and very well attended.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
You should check ut the Pine Cone Hill outlet in Lenox on rt 7. They have really nice sheets, quilts, home decor and housewares. I think there is also a delicious chocolate shop in the same shopping center. Very high end stuff. I could spend hours there. The Lee outlets are okay. Your usual Gap, Eddie Bauer etc. Also check out Country Curtains in basement of Red Lion Inn. It sounds a bit hokey but not so. Very nice stuff for the home and you can check out the hotel after you shop! Hang out on the big front porch people watch and have a drink!
We have Country Curtains in Rochester ... actually a lot of my curtains are from there... is it more of an outlet store or the usual stuff from the catalog?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlux View Post
If you like nature, late September or early October is a good choice since the leaves will begin to turn about then. There's still a lot of performing arts activity in the area, including at Mass MoCA and three of the four major theatre companies. Berkshire Fall Arts Guide - Berkshire Fine Arts

It is too bad the road to the top of Mount Greylock is still under reconstruction, but I believe the Natural Bridge State Park in North Adams is open, and can be very interesting.

I am not a big fan of the Red Lion after a terrible meal in their main dining room this summer, I think they are living on their reputation. But if you add a trip to southern Vermont to your agenda, I highly recommend the Blue Benn Diner in Bennington - very economical and very funky. All us frugal natives just love this kind of home cooking operation.

Also, you asked about outlets, and in addition to the Lee Outlets there are even more, many more, in Manchester, VT. And the views along Route 7 in Williamstown and Vermont are unsurpassed.

The early fall is the Berkshire's second busiest season, and there are various harvest/fall celebrations. This past weekend I went to the garlic festival in Bennington, it was outstanding! Tons of free samples, well organized and very well attended.
So VT sounds like the place to shop...LOL thanks for that advice... is it a far drive?

I cannot wait to get there... I have heard great things about the fall foliage... although I am guessing it is a lot like WNY...

Thank you everyone once more... I really appreciate it.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
We have Country Curtains in Rochester ... actually a lot of my curtains are from there... is it more of an outlet store or the usual stuff from the catalog?

It's the headquarters of Country Curtains,actually on the rt 7 side of the Inn.As for Dinner at the Inn all I can say is that we've never been disapointed...........ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts