Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2007, 04:57 PM
cvv cvv started this thread

2 posts, read 32,293 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I am looking to relocate to Great Barrington, MA this summer and struggling to find an apartment. I would really appreciate guidance on how apartment rentals work in the area (I've lived places where finding the apartment is up to you and others where you have to use realtors, etc).

I am looking for something relatively small - one bedroom or studio - within walking distance of "stuff" to do like shopping, dining, etc. I would prefer to keep the rent in the $750-$900 range. Is this doable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 09:16 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
You might find some leads in

http://www.berkshireeagle.com/headlines/ci_5671820

Old 04-22-2007, 03:22 PM
cvv cvv started this thread

2 posts, read 32,293 times
Default Apartments to Rent in Great Barrington

Thanks so much for the lead. Nothing so far but I will definitely keep checking back!

Anybody else out there have any ideas? Suggestions welcome!

Old 04-22-2007, 04:50 PM

75 posts, read 394,855 times
Default Rentals in Great Barrington, MA

Hi, I am a native of the Berkshires, having grown up in Lee, MA. Great Barrington is just a couple towns south on Route 7. Can you live in Lee? I think you might have better luck. I personally know people in Lee who have apartments (are Landlords) - whether or not they have some that are currently available I'm not sure, but it could be a lead.
Gt. Barrington - well, my guess is that if you do find a place, it would be an entire house or duplex. Thus, I'm not sure about studios or one-rooms. I used to work in Gt. Barrington as a home health aide back in the early 1990'2 so I know that there are housing complexes, but I think they are housing for the elderly or disabled...
If you want to get the names of a couple of people I know that could be of assistance to you in the town of Lee, send me a private message, give me your email and I will put you in touch w/ names and phone numbers.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:58 PM

75 posts, read 394,855 times
Default Rentals in Gt. Barrington

Hi again,
I just checked out berkshireeagle.com (that's the county newspaper, online edition) and clicked on the CLASSIFIED which will be on the right part of the screen.
Find real estate and rentals on the left side bar, click and find rental properties. There were NO Gt. Barrington ones, but several Lee ones and some Lenox, even one Stockbridge (most $$$$ but the next town north of Gt. Barrington). There were some in your stated price range for rent.
Again, I can still give you names and numbers if you want so just let me know.
Good luck!

Old 04-22-2007, 05:17 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
Also, you might want to check www.craigslist.com. I did notice several apts. available. And placing an ad for "wanted" has worked for me in the past.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts