Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2009, 09:54 PM

3 posts, read 8,684 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! I have been reading many threads, however, I haven't seen anything that fits my senario. Thus, I am going to try writing for the first time. Ok, to start.. I am a 40 year old woman interested in moving to Mass, however, I have no clue which city to chose and could use some help. I will be seeking a job and home. I am looking for an affordable city where employment ops are possible. I am not concerned about schools, since my children are grown. However, I would like to find a safe neighborhood that is affordable (between $800 -900 or so for a one or two bedroom). Renting a house, townhome, or nice apartment complex. Is that possible? I am also seeking a location where I can go for walks outside and enjoy the scenery. I am hoping to see lots of greenery, fall foilage, and mountains while I enjoy taking in a deep breath of nice, cool air! (during my power walks or hikes). I also would like to live in (or near) a city where there are lots of things to do, good restaurants, and eventually dating options. I say this because I am currently leaving an area that is populated with mostly retired or married people, thus it would be good to be near single people around my age (30s - 40s). So, should I look into Boston? or go north, south or west? What can you tell me about western mass? Oh, one more thing... I hear there are lots of taxes in Mass.. including an "excise" taxe on your car. Is that true? If so, what is it? and how much? I keep hearing its so expensive to live in MA. Is that if you own a home or is it in general? I appreciate any help/advise/insight anyone is willing to offer on MA. Info on the different parts of the state, employment, city info, single life, and safe, affordable neighborhoods, etc. Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts