Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2009, 05:07 AM

185 posts, read 535,495 times

Advertisements

Commute time into Boston from Sherborn? Leaving home @ 6AM; leaving work @ 5 PM.

Dover-Sherborn HS versus Wellesley HS?

Any thoughts about Sherborn versus Wellesley?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 12:55 PM

967 posts, read 4,784,218 times
Leaving that early in the morning I would think would make the commute pretty easy. I'm guessing 40 minutes, depending on where in Boston you're going.

I live in Sherborn and love it. I like the small town feel, and love the fact that it's quiet and that the town has preserved so much open space. I adore Farm Pond and all the great trails. What I like about Wellesley is the easy access to shops and restaurants. I have friends who live there and can walk to everything whereas I have to drive (partly because of our distance from downtown but partly because there's no good sidewalk or bike path access along the main road into town). Also in Sherborn you'd likely get a much larger home lot. We picked Sherborn because it's peaceful and quiet and not overdeveloped but I also really like the easy access to Wellesley. The only downside I find is lack of easy train access. If I want to go to Boston I either park in Wellesley and take the train from there or have my husband drop me in Natick, because you can't park at that station unless you live in town.

We live in Sherborn and I spend most of my time here but I go to Wellesley for shopping, exercise (there's a great spin studio called Spynergy there), and lunch with my friends (my fave place is Cafe Mangal, which has delicious salads and sandwiches). We also enjoy Elm Bank, which is a beautiful place to stroll around and you can also kayak/canoe from there.

Anyhow, that's my two cents! Please feel free to PM me if you have other questions. We've been very happy with our choice to move here.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:05 PM

967 posts, read 4,784,218 times
Also Dover-Sherborn High School is a Gold Medal School, one of the top 100 schools in the country. It was also rated as one of America's Best High Schools by U.S. News & World Report.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:07 PM

185 posts, read 535,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletfire View Post
Leaving that early in the morning I would think would make the commute pretty easy. I'm guessing 40 minutes, depending on where in Boston you're going.

I live in Sherborn and love it. I like the small town feel, and love the fact that it's quiet and that the town has preserved so much open space. I adore Farm Pond and all the great trails. What I like about Wellesley is the easy access to shops and restaurants. I have friends who live there and can walk to everything whereas I have to drive (partly because of our distance from downtown but partly because there's no good sidewalk or bike path access along the main road into town). Also in Sherborn you'd likely get a much larger home lot. We picked Sherborn because it's peaceful and quiet and not overdeveloped but I also really like the easy access to Wellesley. The only downside I find is lack of easy train access. If I want to go to Boston I either park in Wellesley and take the train from there or have my husband drop me in Natick, because you can't park at that station unless you live in town.

We live in Sherborn and I spend most of my time here but I go to Wellesley for shopping, exercise (there's a great spin studio called Spynergy there), and lunch with my friends (my fave place is Cafe Mangal, which has delicious salads and sandwiches). We also enjoy Elm Bank, which is a beautiful place to stroll around and you can also kayak/canoe from there.

Anyhow, that's my two cents! Please feel free to PM me if you have other questions. We've been very happy with our choice to move here.
THANK YOU for the wonderful info/websites!

Old 07-19-2009, 11:08 PM

2 posts, read 13,368 times
I love Sherborn. Love Farm Pond. Love watching all the bikers ride by. Love the rural life with only a short ride to the city.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:30 PM

5 posts, read 13,198 times
Sherborn is great. Natick is more affordable. You can learn about the town here Natick | Welcome to Natick, MA (http://www.natick.com - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts