Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 09:00 PM

12 posts, read 23,203 times

Advertisements

I have lived in New Jersey all my life and I am ready for a change. I want to move to Massachusetts because its my second support system to New Jersey. I am looking for a nice area with young adults. I am 28 single but also good school district. I am teacher and I want to continue teaching there. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions about locations school districts etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 09:10 PM

9 posts, read 20,417 times
Well. where is your support system in Ma? That will depend how I recommend you. I have lived north of boston and south of boston. I went to school in Western Ma. Most of population of Mass. lives in the eastern part of state. East of Worcester. Of course that is my preference.
There are so many great towns. As it is in NJ, one part of the state (eastern) is much more expensive than the western part. So much more goings on near Boston, Ocean etc....
Let me know what part you want to go to?

Old 05-19-2009, 05:45 AM

My support system is in Easten MA. The eastern part is more expensive than the western part I didn't know that. What areas are good to live in around there?

Old 05-19-2009, 05:54 AM

9 posts, read 20,417 times
look at a map of Mass. Draw a line through worcester and look East. Yes, much more expensive closer to Boston. So now you have metrowest (west of boston, east of worcester) north of boston along the ocean and south of boston along the ocean going toward the cape. What town do family live?
More to do on north shore.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:23 AM

so what towns are on the north shore?

Old 05-20-2009, 05:37 AM

Default Young life

I am a 27 year old teacher that wants to move to MA, teach and have a social life. Where is the best place to be?

Old 05-20-2009, 08:27 AM

368 posts, read 1,388,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeverada View Post
I am a 27 year old teacher that wants to move to MA, teach and have a social life. Where is the best place to be?
There are several forums that are educator specific. That may be a good place to find out what districts are hiring. My anecdotal impression from acquaintenances is that teaching jobs in the better districts aren't all that plentiful, so you might start with figuring out where you are going to work and then look for the best town. That will narrow down the choices a bit, then CD'ers will be able to better advise you.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:32 AM

12,869 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Boston is the hub of all social activity. That doesn't mean that there is nowhere you can have a social life other than Boston, it just means that the opportunities and options elsewhere in Massachusetts pale in comparison to Boston.

On the North Shore, Newburyport, Salem, Beverly, and Andover are nice and active. Most of those places have rail service to Boston as well. You could also look at places like, Wakefield, Woburn, Medford, Malden, etc (even Cambridge, Watertown and Somerville) and you'll be in the Boston area yet prices will be a little lower than downtown rents.

If you want a little quieter, check out Foxboro, North Attleboro, Mansfield Wrentham, etc all South and West of Boston. These towns are more affordable than many and are still conveniently located to Boston and only minutes from Providence (another great city for social and cultural activities). You're also close to the Comcast Center, Gillette Stadium/ Patriot Place, and the Wrentham Outlets where there is always a lot of activity.

Anyway, it's a start... good luck!

Old 05-21-2009, 06:01 AM

Where are the good school districts located?

Old 05-21-2009, 06:11 AM

368 posts, read 1,388,479 times
Quote:
Where are the good school districts located?
GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

...would be one place to start. but I wonder if 'good schools' from an educators POV might be a bit different than 'good schools' from a parent's POV. I'm speaking more to work environment, parental support and participation, administration support, funding trends, grading policies, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts