Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 06:08 PM

3 posts, read 9,222 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I just graduated college and am moving into a home in Arlington. Small home, 3 br's, 1.5 baths. I was wondering what average expenses were for heat, water and electric. I've never had to pay for myself before and was trying to make a budget and had no real frame of reference. Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,183 times
Default Hi I am wondering the same thing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tales1727 View Post
Hi,

I just graduated college and am moving into a home in Arlington. Small home, 3 br's, 1.5 baths. I was wondering what average expenses were for heat, water and electric. I've never had to pay for myself before and was trying to make a budget and had no real frame of reference. Thanks for the help

Hi I am moving to Arlington within the next couple of months myself. Same 3 BR 1.5 bath. I am trying to put together a budget for the same things. If I find out anything I will post it here. So far its not so easy to find.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:52 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Depends on your heat source (nat. gas, oil, electric) and how well insulated the house is.
However, car insurance in Arlington is much, much lower than Cambridge, even a few feet over the Arlington line. Much less car crime, and a requirement that no cars be parked on-street from 2a-6a. The insurance rate is about the same as a rural small town 30 mi. west, and that's LOW.
Arlington is a fine place, and congrats on moving there. Sorry I can't help you more, but my time there was in a studio rental.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:25 PM

11 posts, read 28,958 times
I lived there for 5 years in an old place with crap windows and it was a 2 bedroom and electric was about 90 a month and in the winter it was 150 a month for heat but keyspan now has a program where you pay 80 all year round it's worth it. They take the extra you pay in the summer and credit the winter months. That was gas heat. I don't know about water though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts