Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 AM

61 posts, read 231,216 times

Advertisements

The Mass Pike needs to look at New Jersey and learn how to split the cash and Fast Lane lanes so that idiots paying with cash can't drive all the way up in the Fast Lanes and then try to cut over and block the Fast Lane lanes.

Just yesterday some idiot in a red subaru was blocking the Fast Lane at the Weston tolls. And he had the audacity to give me the finger when I layed on the horn!?

Idiots!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 09:16 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,161,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barco View Post
The Mass Pike needs to look at New Jersey and learn how to split the cash and Fast Lane lanes so that idiots paying with cash can't drive all the way up in the Fast Lanes and then try to cut over and block the Fast Lane lanes.

Just yesterday some idiot in a red subaru was blocking the Fast Lane at the Weston tolls. And he had the audacity to give me the finger when I layed on the horn!?

Idiots!!!
What did you hope to accomplish by laying on the horn? Maybe he just erred and got in the wrong lane or didn't know the procedures. The idiot in this story is more likely you.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:49 AM

Okay, I find it hard to believe that so many cars do not know the procedure when the Mass Pike is marked for miles that the left lane is Fast Lane only.

You can't block an entire lane of cars trying to go through Fast Lane. What he should have done was go through Fast Lane, received a violation, then explain his error and they will only make him pay the toll. You can't be selfish and you have to think about how your actions are affecting dozens of cars behind you...

Old 07-26-2009, 12:10 AM
miu

17,762 posts, read 40,019,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
What did you hope to accomplish by laying on the horn? Maybe he just erred and got in the wrong lane or didn't know the procedures. The idiot in this story is more likely you.
So how often do YOU use the Mass Pike? And do you have a Fastlane transponder? I've experienced what barco has, and jerks like that are cheaters. They don't want to wait all the way back in their proper cash transactions lane, so they speed down towards the open Fastlane aisles and at the very last minute, cut back into the cash lanes.... and that's cheating!

It's just like when there is highway construction and there are tons of signs announcing the upcoming lane drop. Welll traffic is already slowed to a crawl in the lanes that will still be open. Meanwhile, jerks who think that they are smarter than everyone else will speed down the empty lane to be closed, only to cut over at the last possible moment and to force their way into the line, much ahead of everyone else that read the signs and moved over ahead of time and properly.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:52 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,398,016 times
Default Life in the Fast lane

the other thing thats annoying is they rarely stop people (the stateies I mean) for this.
sometimes I see like 3 state cruises parked on the toll booths , yet this is happenng and they dont do anything about it.

They need to start forcing traffic over ...- they should create more HOV lanes as well a few miles from the toll-booths maybe have a entry access booth that registers your fast lane and you can go int it single or more than 1 person

i would say start the lane at least 5 miles out from the fast lane tolls.

should also have a special fast lane only lane along the median of 93..-up to NH---and route 3 up to NH --as well as 95 up to at least Peabody--
from say Westwood :-)

I dount this will ever happen but it would be fun to believe

Old 07-26-2009, 10:01 PM

Bigfoot,

How many times have you driven the Mass Pike with EZ Pass/Fast Lane recently?

I did call the turnpike authority and complain about the fact that the road is not split properly for cash and Fast Lane. If the Garden State Parkway in NJ from the 1950s can be spilt properly than I'm sure someone in Mass can figure this out...

Old 07-26-2009, 10:51 PM

746 posts, read 3,490,644 times
i use the Turnpike infrequently, and find the way the fast lanes and cash lanes are divided to be very confusing and compounded by the fact that many drivers don't seem to want to give me room to get in the correct lane.

I usually figure it out without causing anyone to lay on the horn, as if that helps the situation.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,600 times
Wink just moved from out-of-state

I am someone who lived in MA years ago and recently moved back. I have been using fastlane but am still a little confused, and since i just got back I have been caught in the unfortunate position of being the "jerk" who was in the wrong lane and had to cut over.

Can someone explain to me the eastbound approach at the Weston tolls regarding fastlane and Cash only? There are four lanes, signs say "left lanes Fastlane only" and "right lanes Cash only". However, I get confused during rush hour because there is a fastlane all the way to the righthand side, the very last lane. So can you be in any of the lanes and get to fastlane? The way the road curves at the end approaching the tolls makes me very confused and I always end up in the wrong lane because I think I am approaching fastlane but then I'll be caught in "cash only"! Any advice? Thanks!

Old 09-09-2010, 11:18 AM
miu

17,762 posts, read 40,019,201 times
Practice makes perfect. I'd say just pretend that the rightmost Fastlane toll booth doesn't exist at all. Treat it like mirage. And when approaching that particular toll plaza, just stay to the left and aim for those two Fastlane toll booths. Problem solved.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:23 AM

613 posts, read 2,299,117 times
I know exactly what you're talking about and it is really annoying. Some of it's confusing because within the last year, they changed it - Fastlane used to be on the right side and the left side was cash only. Stay to the middle/right and you'll end up in the cash lanes. The other problem is that lots of drivers are just idiots and ignore the signs because they want to stay in the passing lanes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts