Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2009, 07:55 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,910,204 times

Advertisements

(Note to CasyB/mods: I posted this by mistake in the Boston sub-forum, and discovered the error after it was too late to edit. If there is a problem with having this posted in both forums, could you please set things so this thread is located in the general MA forum. Thanks.)

I've been a member here at City Data for two years and a few months. In that time I've observed that people here at the MA forum sometimes disagree. Of course some disagreement is a given when the discussion involves political issues. Occasionally there will be some back and forth about how well a particular town or neighborhood fits the OP's criteria. Then, every so often, there will be residents of Springfield on here who will offer a different view of their city than the picture most of us have.

So, there are disagreements here and there, but I've noticed that for the most part the members at the MA forum manage to keep disagreements civil, without a lot of the personal sniping that happens at some forums, and to get together on defending Mass. and Boston against incorrect information, whether this is based on stereotypes or misconceptions, or is presented as just plain bashing. Fortunately the need to counter these kinds of posts happens infrequently, and I've observed that with the more usual situation of people simply asking questions about MA and Boston, many users at this forum are very generous in taking the time and effort to give good, detailed info on the pros and cons of this area, and on narrowing down the locations that best fit each OP's criteria. So all in all, it's enjoyable to check out this forum frequently. Thanks to you all for making this so.

To all the good folks here at the MA forum, merry Christmas, happy holidays, season's greetings, best wishes, whatever greeting works for you. Wishing you all a warm, joyful, maybe if you're lucky even relaxing time at the holidays. Now I'm outta here. Time for a little hot chocolate!

All the best,
The Ogre
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 08:51 PM

12,820 posts, read 22,003,919 times
Happy Holidays to you as well, Ogre. I always enjoy reading your posts as you're chalk full of information. You provide invaluable advice on a constant basis and are one of the most helpful members I've seen on the forum. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Tried to "rep" you but need to spread it.

Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays to all of you out there.

-lrfox

Old 12-24-2009, 10:22 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,098,126 times
this just in...Santa Claus shot in Springfield trying to deliver presents........j/k
Merry Christmas everyone.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:33 AM

315 posts, read 871,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by western mass and love it View Post
this just in...Santa Claus shot in Springfield trying to deliver presents........j/k
Merry Christmas everyone.
He wouldnt have made it through Jersey anyway- -Happy Holidays
ceffo

Old 12-25-2009, 05:39 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,647,822 times
Great post and Merry Christmas to all. The one great thing about this site is the wealth of information and that it is done in a civil and educated fashion. It is great to have both agreeing and discerning opinions and respecting each other.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:31 PM

2,202 posts, read 5,356,175 times
Merry X-Mas to all. Ogre, great post and could not agree with you more. I think that's why those of us who used this forum to find a new home come back and try to help others who are going through the same process.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:49 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,910,204 times
Thanks to those who posted here. I must have spread a lot of rep just before making this thread, because, surprisingly enough, I was able to give you all some thanks-for-posting rep without being told I had to spread some first. I would have expected to have to wait a while before repping some of you. Casey, thanks for fixing this after I managed to split the thread between the two forums.

Anyway, yeah, it is nice to see the well-informed and civil way people interact here. Hope everyone has been having a good holiday season. Hope Santa, after surviving Jersey (somehow) and Springfield was good to you all. Now, best wishes for a happy New Year. Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts