Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2007, 09:17 PM

4 posts, read 22,805 times

Advertisements

Is it better to relocate to taunton or to providence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 10:43 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,000,036 times
depends on what you are looking for in quality of life. i'm not very familiar with the different sections of providence and i don't live in taunton but i do live next door to it in lakeville. taunton's downtown isn't that great imo. not a lot of shops i would buy anything in for some reason though there is a half dozen bridal shops though. if you're looking to live downtown and be able to walk around, go to shops, clubs, restaurants you'll probably want to focus more on providence. if that's not what you want you can find more land/house for your money in tauton and you'll still have access to shops, restaurants, clubs but you'll have to drive. taunton's interesting at each end you have your big box stores, chain restaurants, mall (on east taunton side), etc. Downtown taunton is a little run down, east taunton (which borders lakeville) is more rural and the massasoit state park is in east taunton.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:44 PM

429 posts, read 1,856,368 times
Is Taunton rural, quaint, or suburban?

Old 05-25-2007, 07:56 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,000,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tberg224 View Post
Is Taunton rural, quaint, or suburban?
Taunton is technically a city. certain sections of taunton could be caracterized as either rural (like east taunton - heck there is one section in east taunton that if it wasn't for the red street signs - taunton's street signs are red - i would swear it was lakeville) or suburban depending upon what you consider rural. i wouldn't consider taunton quaint but there is lovely park in the center of town that is quaint looking unfortunately the buildings downtown are rundown. it has great potential and i know the leaders of taunton trying really hard to improve the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts