Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 01:44 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times

Advertisements

Bandit wrote:
but I all ready knew where Your candidate was getting Her money....
For the sake of clarity she was NOT my candidate. I live in Colorado, so I know nothing about her or Brown. What I assummed is that some entity put money into the election coffers of both candidates, and they are likely to demand a few favors for the money they spent, especially from the winner...regardless of the candidate, regardless of their party affiliation. It's the way of politics!

jfkIII wrote:
We need to send a message to Washington that we're not happy with the current agenda being pushed by the Democratic leaders in The Oval Office, The U.S. Senate and The U.S. Congress.
I agree with you, but I don't thnk you went far enough. I would revise your statement to read like this:
We need to send a message to Washington that we're not happy with the current agenda being pushed by ALL OF THE CONGRESSIONAL leaders in The Oval Office, The U.S. Senate and The U.S. Congress.
Unless congress gets their collective act together, I'm in favor of voting out EVERY incumbent up for re-election.....from both parties.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 01-20-2010 at 01:59 PM..

Old 01-20-2010, 01:51 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,053,649 times
A tip of the hat from Texas. Impressive.

I heard Martha was spotted somewhere having a beer and being consoled by Bill Buckner. Maybe we'll see them on Dancing with the Stars.

Steve

Old 01-20-2010, 02:22 PM

112 posts, read 283,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart24 View Post
Yeah that is great and all, but does he understand Economics and the Health Care System? (They are one in the Same in Mass, since we are the healthcare capital of America) What credentials does he have to help fix the issues in this country?

Now I do know that Martha doesn't have a clue either, but I want to know what Scott Brown did to deserve this win as well? Because all I see is another empty suit from a different party. Say what you want about Teddy and his politics, but he went to bat for this state and helped turn Boston into the Healthcare capital of the world because of NIH funding, all of us that work in the industry are worried that Scott Brown and Coakley will be a huge step down.
You work in the health care field , I have 3 sister in laws that are nurses in boston hospitals , and they all backed Scott Brown , with the take home pay they get , they lose enough to taxes with O'Great One's ideas .
Are you a SEIU member by chance ?
I wanted You to note that I took the below from the Boston Globe , so You wouldn't say I was Slanting the News . Nurses may join big union - The Boston Globe
Bob

Old 01-20-2010, 02:55 PM

793 posts, read 1,453,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
You work in the health care field , I have 3 sister in laws that are nurses in boston hospitals , and they all backed Scott Brown , with the take home pay they get , they lose enough to taxes with O'Great One's ideas .
Are you a SEIU member by chance ?
I wanted You to note that I took the below from the Boston Globe , so You wouldn't say I was Slanting the News . Nurses may join big union - The Boston Globe
Bob
Yes I work in the Industry, but am not a Union Member. I work directly with grants and funding from NIH so this is of a major concern to me. You did not answer my question though, I do not care who voted for who, I am asking what Scott Browns credentials are and also stated that Martha Coakley is an empty suit herself.

This is not a partisan question since I think both sides are absolutely inept, but Scott Brown is being hailed as some savior and I do not see anything impressive about another career Politician that could not make it in the real world (Private Sector) like the rest of us.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:06 PM

112 posts, read 283,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart24 View Post
And Scott Brown understands the "Common Man"? Dude, he has been an elected official since 1992! That is quite a few years removed from working in the Private Sector like the rest of us. He is just as much of a leach as Marsha, bottom line. These people get involved in Politics because they cant cut it in the real world, if you expect anyone who has been involved in Politics that long and living off the "system" to speak for you then you are a lost sheep like the rest of these partisan drones.
He has also served 30 yrs. in the Mass. National Guard , and is a lieutenant colonel serving as a JAG Judge Advocate Lawyer.
Also , if You did a little more Research besides the Letter in Parenthesis after a candidates name , You might of found this about Scott Brown for 2008 .
Legislative Pay
$82,495
His SOLO Law Practice
$80,975
And For Service to the State National Guard
$18,314
Bob
Ps
Marcie's salary last Year was $ 135,000 as Attorney General as a Hard Working Hack .

Old 01-20-2010, 03:10 PM

8,040 posts, read 10,632,364 times
A BIG THANK YOU Masachusetts, from Big Pharm and fat cat Health Care CEO's everywhere (and their shareholders)! Their mega-billions a year from profiting off sick people are saved! WHOOO HOOO!

Do people honestly still think that the Republican Party is some shining example of fiscal responsibliity? You've got to be kidding.

Actually, I'm didn't like the plan the Democrats were trying to push through anyway, and I'm extremely disapointed in Obama's presidency so far. But anyone who thinks Republican candiates are any less under the guidance of the special interests groups who have spent MILLIONS trying to keep any change in our current healthcare system from happening, is only fooling themselves.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:21 PM

793 posts, read 1,453,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
He has also served 30 yrs. in the Mass. National Guard , and is a lieutenant colonel serving as a JAG Judge Advocate Lawyer.
Also , if You did a little more Research besides the Letter in Parenthesis after a candidates name , You might of found this about Scott Brown for 2008 .
Legislative Pay
$82,495
His SOLO Law Practice
$80,975
And For Service to the State National Guard
$18,314
Bob
Ps
Marcie's salary last Year was $ 135,000 as Attorney General as a Hard Working Hack .
So hes a lawyer (which everyone knows) JUST like "Marsha" so tell me once again why he is qualified to speak on Health Care? I am asking a pointed question above and you cannot answer it.

What (pause) are (pause) his (pause) credentials (pause) to (pause) speak (pause) on (pause) economics (pause) or (pause) the (pause) healthcare (pause) Industry?

Is that slow enough? You don't have to prove to me why Masha is a hack, I already know this, I am stating that Scotty Brown is quite the hack himself.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:23 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,003,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
A BIG THANK YOU Masachusetts, from Big Pharm and fat cat Health Care CEO's everywhere (and their shareholders)! Their mega-billions a year from profiting off sick people are saved! WHOOO HOOO!

Do people honestly still think that the Republican Party is some shining example of fiscal responsibliity? You've got to be kidding.

Actually, I'm didn't like the plan the Democrats were trying to push through anyway, and I'm extremely disapointed in Obama's presidency so far. But anyone who thinks Republican candiates are any less under the guidance of the special interests groups who have spent MILLIONS trying to keep any change in our current healthcare system from happening, is only fooling themselves.
While I don't disagree totally, a speed bump is better than nothing at all - and that's what this is.

I'd rather jump in front of the out of control train if I think it'll slow it down a little and save a life then let it just fly by.

Besides I'm not sure how letting the "healthcare bill" pass unchallenged will somehow make your "beef" any better. You really think government will do better than those "evil" corporations? HA! You need to visit some of Boston's finest government housing for a reality check.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:39 PM

326 posts, read 429,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
While I don't disagree totally, a speed bump is better than nothing at all - and that's what this is.

I'd rather jump in front of the out of control train if I think it'll slow it down a little and save a life then let it just fly by.

Besides I'm not sure how letting the "healthcare bill" pass unchallenged will somehow make your "beef" any better. You really think government will do better than those "evil" corporations? HA! You need to visit some of Boston's finest government housing for a reality check.
I am going to go ahead and answer this question. Yes, government is better than "evil" corporations. Medicare is a better health insurance program than any private health insurance out there. It does not discriminate against people with pre-existent conditions. It does not get you bankrupt. You do not lose it if you lose your job.

By the way, Republicans have already stated many times, they prefer to use the health bill as a means to gain seats rather than having an honest discussion to get it right.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:47 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
montanamom wrote:
Yeah, me too. I voted for Obama, and even with all of his do-nothingism, I'd vote for him again if I had to chose between him and John McCain again. If we're so disappointed with Obama, I wonder how much more disappointed we might be if McCain had won. I should have voted for Ron Paul like my heart was telling me, but I, like so many others got hoodwinked by the Obama fairytale and my utter disgust for the possibility that John McCain could win. As long as I/we vote for the perceived lesser of two evils between a demo-can or a repbli-crat, instead of taking a risk to vote for a third party candidate, the sameold, sameold two party system will prevail. I recognize that my lack of courage to vote my heart has contributed to the mess this country is in. My bad!

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 01-20-2010 at 03:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts