Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 01:09 AM
pod pod started this thread

24 posts, read 59,433 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm In Haiku right now, and its ok, but would like something more "clean feeling" ... no dis-respect, it's hard to explain, just not my style I guess. I'm more into manicured lots with clean cars in the driveway... and notice again I'm just saying how it is in alot of Haiku. I know there are Haiku country estates, and the other new development which is gated ( forgot the name ) but most of Haiku is kinda to laid back for me. And the rain is also pretty heavy...

Is Kula a better bet, or what should I be looking at in upcountry? Paia is way to hippie and crowded, and Makawao seems a little to crowed and expensive for land ( trying to say under 900k )

I'm looking for a quiet place with 1-2 acres, and just more of a sense of neighboorhood feel, without being up your neighbors nose.. My GF is a writer, and I do work from home to get you a sense of feel, and I have dogs which need land..

thanks for any thoughts, and criticism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 11:56 AM

71 posts, read 297,757 times
Have you checked out Maui Meadows?

Old 06-29-2010, 03:52 PM
DBM

92 posts, read 493,562 times
Generally, Kula is more expensive than Haiku, so I'm not sure you'll find a nice, tidy 1-2 acre lot with home for under 900K. At that price point for that much land, you'll probably find the same things that are making you think of moving. If you can sacrifice the acreage, then I'd suggest some of the Kula neighborhoods (Kula Malu, Kula Kai) or the Pukalani neighborhoods towards the back of the golf course (Ala Apapa St.).

Old 06-29-2010, 10:59 PM
pod pod started this thread

24 posts, read 59,433 times
^ thank you guys

I will look into those neighborhoods you mentioned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui