Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 10:39 AM

71 posts, read 143,926 times

Advertisements

We will be in Maui for a week this coming month.

Can someone recommend where I can rent a motorcycle, (prefer dual-sport up to 400cc) or scooter (150cc). I don't want a Harley.

My searches on the net yielded nothing but Harley rentals...

Any info on where to ride off the main road or general advice in motorcycling on the island is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 07:34 PM

1,046 posts, read 4,897,052 times
Really depends where you're staying on-island, but be assured there are PLENTY of options. I'm guessing you won't have any trouble if you wait 'til you get here and just check out places convenient to your hotel.

There really aren't that many roads, frankly. Many are scenic, but also heavily traveled by tourists and locals, so please wear a helmet and be safe.

Best of luck.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:05 PM

70 posts, read 288,031 times
Default say no to mr harley

hi
just a thought

email or call what you see and ASK them here you can go locally ...for the type bike you are looking for

then call them ...etc etc

or for 500 maui dollars i have an uncle who would help you

xstonedrocker

Old 06-08-2011, 06:22 AM

22 posts, read 36,100 times
Default Motorcycle/Scooter rental in Maui

Have you booked your hotel, if yes then you can enquire from them if they can arrange the rental motorcycle for you. By far I think the best way to see and explore Maui is to rent a car because it is bit more safe and give you more convenience. The public transportation is not that good and if you visit various areas by taxis then it is way expensive. In case you decide to rent a car then it is preferable to rent from reputed suppliers like Hertz and Usacarsrental.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:28 AM

19 posts, read 49,465 times
Not too sure what kind of search you're doing bro, but when I did a quick search I came up with a grip of options. Here's a couple. I've rented bikes more than a few times on my trips to the islands, can't beat seeing the island from a hog in my opinion, but really you won't be able to go outside without seeing someone riding a moped, scooter or something that won't be glad to point you in the right direction from the time you arrive. Have a great trip.

Bruddah Ed's Scooter Rentals

Welcome to Aloha Motorsports

Old 06-10-2011, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankinztine View Post
Not too sure what kind of search you're doing bro, but when I did a quick search I came up with a grip of options. Here's a couple. I've rented bikes more than a few times on my trips to the islands, can't beat seeing the island from a hog in my opinion, but really you won't be able to go outside without seeing someone riding a moped, scooter or something that won't be glad to point you in the right direction from the time you arrive. Have a great trip.

Bruddah Ed's Scooter Rentals

Welcome to Aloha Motorsports
My apology for my original post. I should have said I really wanted a Dual Sport such as a DRZ-400 or a KLR-250 or 650. You are correct in that where are many scooter rentals but since I wanted to ride on paved and unpaved roads, I think the rental agreement won't let scooters, cruisers and street bikes on unpaved road. I need sometime specialty rental like this one: Maui Dual Sport - Hawaii Dual Sport Motorcycle Rental Unfortunately, he is not in business right now.

I want spend a full day or two riding to/toward Hana and explore along the way should there be a public unpaved road.

I should have said on my original post that I need a rental agency that rents bike and let their customers: 1) take it on unpaved road. 2) Ride on any public roads, not just the "main tourists" area (no geographical limitations).

Thank you for reply. If you didn't, I would have never gone back to read my poorly written original post.

Best Regards,

Old 06-10-2011, 12:42 PM

1,046 posts, read 4,897,052 times
Take care with unpaved roads. Because the state builds and maintains very few roads, many casual lanes/roads are private, including a large number of agricultural access roads. Definitely stay out of areas marked "kapu," which is our equivalent of "posted." They might be fun and they might be scenic, but there are several forms of rough justice on Maui.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot? View Post
Take care with unpaved roads. Because the state builds and maintains very few roads, many casual lanes/roads are private, including a large number of agricultural access roads. Definitely stay out of areas marked "kapu," which is our equivalent of "posted." They might be fun and they might be scenic, but there are several forms of rough justice on Maui.
No worries Sir, I just want to ride public roads. I have no desire to ride on private roads. KAPU? Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
View detailed profiles of: